Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Projects: What are your planning/wanting to build?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    AR-10, .308. Maybe a bolt gun instead. Not in the market for a while though.

Not long ago I came across an older H&R 20ga with the lighter profile barrel. It was a little rough and had mismatched furniture so I'm planning on having the barrel cut to 18" and threaded for chokes. Should make a nice, light, backpacking gun for pretty cheap.

When the InRange/KE Arms/Brownells MKIII polymer lowers finally come out I want to try one with the BCM lightweight upper I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Selling more stuff and finishing setup of the stuff I already have. If the selling goes well enough, may pick out a nice duck/clays gun.
    This is a big thing for me too. I'm going over my spread sheet again, trying to make some decisions. We'll see where I end up at, but right now, probably between 12 and 16 guns are going up on the chopping block.

That will cover the cost of a new safe, and the work on the shotgun and maybe on the Marlin too.

What I haven't factored back in, is whatever new 9mm I buy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    AR-10, .308. Maybe a bolt gun instead. Not in the market for a while though.
    I was thinking about doing a large frame AR in 6.5CM. But I'm leaning right now towards a 6.5G instead, because with good glass I can take it out a fair distance and it'll still be otherwise identical to my other guns.

I've got a previously bubba'd 1917 Enfield rifle that still has its full set of iron sights on it. It is going to be re cut down to 18 inches and set up as a scout/ tanker Enfield.....

Also just picked up a Colt Rail Gun in 9mm, having a PWS/ MARSOC armorer friend work it over into a 9mm copy of the USMC 1911 our recon guys are still running for now.

The wish list includes an XP 100 pistol in 221 or 6mm BR, and building a shoulder stocked single action revolver (SBR), likely a Ruger, with about a 9 inch barrel. The ultimate fun version would include a long range sight in the top strap like some of the original Colt pistol-carbines, now known as Buntlines.

Have a Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill barrel formerly 26" octagon, now 22", and have a very nice stock set for it, checkered, high grade wood, and it will get a tang sight, lyman target globe front, and possibly a leaf barrel sight (often called ladder sights). Intention is for shooting the 600 yd and farther steel plates, and just being pretty. Not sure what receiver will get the parts.

A Winchester 94 angle eject in 30-30 with low power Leupold scope seems like it would be pretty handy as a general purpose knock around go everywhere gun. Leupold bases and low rings keep the scope low but doesnt interfere with the hammer. Early on in the AE production they made some that didnt have cross bolt safeties or tang safeties for us curmudgeons.

For some reason I think I need a scoped Smith 357, possibly a 27 with 8 3/8" barrel, scope bases attached to the barrel rib so the iron sights are intact. Again, the intention is shooting distance for fun, and having a compact, accurate, easy to shoot gun for general knocking about the hills etc.

Still have an urge for a 1903 Springfield with 22" barrel, decent receiver sight, and original stock cut down in the style of a Krag carbine. That would probably entail pushing the rear band back an inch or two to look balanced out. A 25-06 barrel would help the gimpy guys like me shoot it without as much pain. 03-A3 top wood would blend in nicely with the abbreviated stock.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I've got a previously bubba'd 1917 Enfield rifle that still has its full set of iron sights on it. It is going to be re cut down to 18 inches and set up as a scout/ tanker Enfield.....
    That sounds awesome.

Reminds me that I found about 800 rounds of mil-surp .303British when I was cleaning out my dad's safe...but there is no .303 rifle anywhere.

I always wanted me a No. 5. Jungle Carbine, because...reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    The wish list includes an XP 100 pistol in 221 or 6mm BR.
    That would be cool. I saw one in a Cabelas last year but I wasn’t ready to buy one. I have a Sako action rifle my grandpa had made in the 221 Fireball.

Custom bolt rifle in .250 Savage.
    With a birdseye maple stock, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That sounds awesome.

Reminds me that I found about 800 rounds of mil-surp .303British when I was cleaning out my dad's safe...but there is no .303 rifle anywhere.

I always wanted me a No. 5. Jungle Carbine, because...reasons.
    Had the Indian version of a No. 5 Jungle Carbine in .308. Brutal recoil compared to a straight up Enfield Mark III.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is a big thing for me too. I'm going over my spread sheet again, trying to make some decisions.
    You have fun weird.

Me? I’m just going all in on pistols with red dots except for my snub. The future is now old man.

I just sent a Glock slide off for an RMR cut. Hope to do one more this year.

User Tag List