Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Projects: What are your planning/wanting to build?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    As a proletariat 3rd class in Kalifornia I can not buy any of the new hotness that is the most recent wave of Beretta 92 pistols.

Last year I purchased an M9A3 slide w/ night sights from Brownells. The plan is to buy a M9a1 (which is still on the roster of approved handguns) and then put the A3 slide slide on it, G10 grips, and a bunch of Lagndon goodness in it.

Since I am likely going to loose my job this fall due to CV19 my discretionary money has to be used for the bread lines so any new purchases have to come from me selling things. Like any good right wing boy of the 80s, I amassed a fairly extensive GI Joe collection and took reasonably good car of them. I'm in the process of cleaning them up, finding all their parts and selling them on eBay to fund my new pistol.

Can't thing of a more fitting thing to do with them.

My main two projects are an AOW and SBR. AOW is my TAC-14 that I want to legally put a folding brace back on. SBR is a .45 AR that I’m cutting the barrel down from 16” to 11”. Just sort of waiting on the specifics to be nailed down prior to eFiling the Form 1s.

After that, I sort of want to get a AR pistol that takes Glock magazines. Think I’m down for the CMMG Banshee... 300 lower, and a 200 upper. Rather have the 8” barrel than the shorter 5”. But do like the compact RipBrace over the standard. I’m sure it will change again... and I’ll want the 5” before I purchase it. [emoji23]

Nothing else really pressing after that, and I probably could say the hell with the CMMG and just stick with the 5.56mm AR pistol I have. Maybe pick up a Makarov... if I really want to spend, a stocked Hi Power.

Hoping to shoot USPSA limited in the off season ie: tired of cleaning snow out of 3-5 production mags after every stage.

Just picked up a used STI DVC L in .40. No mags with it, but based on the lack of cleaning it was shot often.
    Everything seems tight, detail stripped it and all looks good other than some factory machining marks.
    Should have mags next week along with a few small parts and fresh springs to fit and tune.
    If that all goes well I will invest in .40 reloading equipment and start that rabbit hole.

Really hoping that this is a small project with zero extra surprises...

Site Supporter
    I lucked onto a large estate sale buy of reloading/gun accessory stuff last year and selling off the excess has so far netted me six times my initial investment.
    I have bought since then:
    Police trade in Glock 22 G4 for a stupid low price;
    Savage M10 .308 and put a Leupold Freedom 3x9 optic on it;
    Colt licensed copy of 1911 made in Argentina for another stupid low price;
    HK45 used, but unfired.
    Pending projects:
    Learn how to set up and run the old Dillon 550 I got in the estate buy. Thinking about sending it in for a tune up.
    Continue selling off unneeded dies, accessories, and components;
    Research and get carry gear for HK45;
    Either enhance my current Colt DS or sell it and get a Night Cobra;
    Sell off guns/accessories that see little or any regular use. The Argentine .45 will be hopefully flipped soon for a modest profit.
    A no lock 442 would be nice if I could trust Smith to send out one on order that was properly built.
    A synthetic stocked Winchester M70 Classic featherweight in .308 with a 22" barrel would be bought if available and the Savage .308 would be sold.
    Retirement from LE will most likely occur on September 1, so much experimentation will be done with the .308 and handloads this fall.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As a proletariat 3rd class in Kalifornia I can not buy any of the new hotness that is the most recent wave of Beretta 92 pistols.
    Does that include the LTT 'California Specials'?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Does that include the LTT 'California Specials'?
    Well I already spent the money on the A3 slide before Ernest announced the California Guns. Even if I were to go that way I first need to purchase an M9A1 to send to him. All the LTT coolness aside I would rather have the night sights and configuration closer to the Wilson Custom. I am on the fence about putting a TJIAB in it as my CCW gun is a compact with D spring and Wilson parts, my “game gun” is a 92Elite with the TJIAB. This gun is intended to be my “service gun” and the current think is to keep it closer to my CCW gun in terms of trigger.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Picking up a Staccato C2 DUO. I can virtually guarantee you I’ll wander back to carrying a G19 eventually, but at least I’ll be able to talk intelligently about the expense mechanics of the 2011 platform.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

And I'm going to go with putting a Wilson tune kit in my 92D Centurion.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

New glass on my savage 99 .308 and buy a couple more mags. If I can find them.

Would like to build a 12.5/14.5 .308 pistol. Truck gun and for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    • Have my Remington 700 Package Rifle cut to 22” and bedded into a better stock. I’ll stone off the remaining sharp edges when it comes back. It may get a rattlecan paint job before deer season.
    Got this one back already. My gunsmith did the work in 12 days. Hoping to hit the range tomorrow to zero and shoot a few groups.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List