Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Pulsating Handful of Suck (or the Guns of the USS Failboat)

Site Supporter
    Overall I have been pretty lucky. I have had guns that had problems, needed repairs or parts replacement, but very few that truly sucked.

From my broke college student years:
    Keltec P11 - unreliable, picky about ammo, not accurate, marginal trigger, dropped magazines under recoil.

From when I was working at local gunstores in the '90s:
    Norinco Browning Auto 22 Takedown copy - These looked decent outside but inside they were horrible, rough guns with soft steel. Everyone we sold came back and I think wefinally sold them of for $49.95 As-Is no return.

Llama psuedo 1911 style .380 pocket auto - This one was bought, sold, returned, repaired, resold, returned, repaired, resold, etc until the boss finally got fed up and shot it to pieces with a Mini 14.

From a old friend of mine:
    Charter Arms Southpaw - Her father thought that it would be perfect for her because she is left handed. It clearly never had been test fired at the factory. The chambers had large rings in them from where the reamer had wobbled and the four of the chambers the cases had to be driven out with a brass punch and hammer. Wrote a chilly but polite letter to CA and send it back. When it came back it was so out of time that was shaving lead badly. Sent it back with a nasty, harsh letter that time on office letterhead and after several energetic phone calls they replaced it for her with a new gun. This one works fine and shoots ok, but she does not shoot it much.

Others:

Keltec p32 - the hammer spring broke in while it was sitting in a pocket holster in my pocket. They were entirely unconcerned and only vaguely apologetic when I call them about it. The did finally ship me a replacement spring, but refused to let me ship it back to get it checked out. i was so disgusted by it and it ended up sitting in my desk at work for about two years broken before I finally fixed it and traded it off.

Keltec Sub-2000 .40 S&W - inaccurate, unpleasant to shot, had a unnerving habit of popping open at the wrong times. Just felt like WAY too much power for that platform.

No, I am not a Keltec fan...

If only it was RR, if only it was RR

Where have I heard the thread title before?

Oh yeah, it was Mrs. Anders.

Sorry Steph. 🤠
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Never shot one but based on how every one we sold came back with issues, the Kimber Solo was a real piece of shit.

Personally owned, my SIG M11A1. First 800 or so rounds were fine until randomly started failing to extract once every magazine or two with multiple types of ammo and all magazine, for no rhyme or reason. SIG told me "that's not very much" when I told them how many stoppages I'd had, gun went to back to NH twice, issue unresolved.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List