Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody who actually knows inside of S&W revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I watched another one of his videos, where he was going to comment on Glocks, but, I didn’t get that far...I stopped the video when he made the comment that 5-6 rounds were plenty for HD/SD... Don’t get me wrong, I respect this mans knowledge on S&W revolvers, but telling people that 5-6 rounds is enough, is IMO, very dated info, that clearly doesn’t take into consideration that there may more than one perp involved...
    Just because a guy is a great mechanic doesn't mean you should get your driving lessons from him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just because a guy is a great mechanic doesn't mean you should get your driving lessons from him.
    You, I, and most folks on this board are well aware of that, but the uniformed newbie who happens to stumble across this video, may not be.. And, that’s a problem. This is a classic example of how one should stay in his own lane..

This is a tough audience...lol! I just watched a bit of gunblue490’s Glock video, and at 12 minutes, he says “back in the day”, and “before multiple attackers”, revolvers were enough. He also cites his readings on the number of rounds fired in a home defense situation, and concludes that 5-6 should be plenty, but “that’s up to each person”. Personally, I keep a Sig P229 in my nightstand drawer, and carry a Sig P365/Glock 19 on my waist when I’m not in bed. I’d appreciate anyone’s account of a running gun battle, home invasion statistics and stories. James Yeager was asked how many rounds a pistol should hold in an active shooter situation. Yeager responded, “How many times do you plan to miss.” I can’t believe I quoted Yeager, but that makes some sense.
    Edit: https://youtu.be/8rRmJtdg7qo
    Last edited by FrankB; 05-20-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    This is a tough audience...lol! I just watched a bit of gunblue490’s Glock video, and at 12 minutes, he says “back in the day”, and “before multiple attackers”, revolvers were enough. He also cites his readings on the number of rounds fired in a home defense situation, and concludes that 5-6 should be plenty, but “that’s up to each person”. Personally, I keep a Sig P229 in my nightstand drawer, and carry a Sig P365/Glock 19 on my waist when I’m not in bed. I’d appreciate anyone’s account of a running gun battle, home invasion statistics and stories. James Yeager was asked how many rounds a pistol should hold in an active shooter situation. Yeager responded, “How many times do you plan to miss.” I can’t believe I quoted Yeager, but that makes some sense.
    I’ll admit that I didn’t catch all that, as I was fast forwarding thru the vid, because this guy tends to prattle on..Where I did stop, was where he made the comment about 5-6 rounds being enough.. Maybe that works for him, but IMO, it’s still bad advice. Granted, a revolver is better than a sharp stick, but it has its limitations, which you summed nicely with Yeager quote..

@ralph
    I found myself fast forwarding a lot during his lengthy video, and stopped when he arrived at the U.S. military’s need for a higher capacity pistol. I watched that video over a year ago, and he basically says that Glock forgot to add a safety on their pistol.
    ETA I use a semiauto, because it has a light rail, and I do attach a light to it. The idea of unlimited capacity has fascinated me since watching Captain Kirk shoot his phaser, but even he had to throw it at someone once in a while. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @ralph
    I found myself fast forwarding a lot during his lengthy video, and stopped when he arrived at the U.S. military’s need for a higher capacity pistol. I watched that video over a year ago, and he basically says that Glock forgot to add a safety on their pistol.
    ETA I use a semiauto, because it has a light rail, and I do attach a light to it. The idea of unlimited capacity has fascinated me since watching Captain Kirk shoot his phaser, but even he had to throw it at someone once in a while. 😂
    Yeah, I kinda figured that’s where he was headed..

User Tag List