Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seattle Police Department Duty Gear Question...

Site Supporter
    At the risk of being banned, I'll confess that I got Bushmaster and Rock River Arms approved for personal rifles back in the early 2000's, primarily so that officers could afford rifles (yes, I know, buy once, cry once, but I was young---compared to now). RRA had just gotten the DEA contract and Bushmaster was the other big name. I believe the only personal purchases rifles RRA rifles than ran OK for the limited shooting we did with them. Then an officer received a twenty-inch barrel Armalite from his brother and that opened the floodgates. To my knowledge, the only other personally owned rifles were Colt and S&W.

In a project that I had no involvement with, work decided to convert our 20" M16A2s to "M4 Configuration." They sent the uppers to Bushmaster who rebarreled them. The uppers didn't have M4 cuts so neither did the replacement barrels. The barrels were marked 5.56 but were in fact a .223 chamber. Nobody thought about the needed changes to the bolt so they simply didn't run well until I told them to swap the extractor insert. Bushmaster sold us new receiver extensions and stock that were Commercial dimensioned, not Mil-Spec. It was a cluster, especially when we started buying true spec 5.56 off of the FBI contract. A local gunsmith cut M4 feed lip cuts with mixed success.

Ultimately, I just bought complete uppers from Bravo and replaced the receiver extensions.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Politically I think SPD will have trouble getting officers.....In general Seattle is a shit show.....avoid.
    The word on the street is a lot of them have moved on because of politics.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticlightfighter View Post
    Yeah if you’re brand new going into the job with naïveté and a need to be validated by the public and your administration... but if you’re a 20 year veteran looking for a top Lateral salary to make it through to retirement ...different story
    That has a lot to do with it. A 20 year vet can suffer through a lot of asshole supervisors if the salary is good and have a good pension hanging within reach. I did 30 with an agency (not LE) in the area. There were a few times I expected to be fired but I had enough support from management (old friends in high places) that I was able to retire into a damn good retirement system. It isn't a walk in the park.

I've noticed that liberal politics infested the agency I worked for to the point of not being able to do much of anything worthwhile regarding infrastructure engineering. That seemed to start transitioning about 15 years ago. I couldn't work there these days.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-01-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Just a follow up. Watch local news today and see the Seattle politicians denouncing the Popo....

The City council (voted in by the people of Seattle: hint) is filled by leftists that win seats by being more left than who they run against.

One of the members openly advocates for the takeover of Boeing to make more busses for the people. Airplanes are for the wealthy you know....

Site Supporter
    Google Seattle City Council and view these idiots. Note staff sizes.

User Tag List