Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Police Department Duty Gear Question...

Seattle Police Department Duty Gear Question...

Are high speed gear belts and pouches approved? In particular the taco pistol mag pouches and the kydex cuff pouches as well as the various other pouches.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Out of curiosity, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Out of curiosity, why?
    I have another question. When a recently registered user ask an oddball question, why would anyone go to the trouble of Googling it for him, going through the results and pasting the links? Surely OlongsJohnson had no interest in knowing whether Seattle PD could carry taco pouches before reading this.

Site Supporter
    Out of curiosity, why?
    Robbing banks dressed as cops... duh....

In all seriousness, doesn’t HSGI now offer more traditional taco type duty gear with flaps etc ?

They have at least 3 types of taco pouches now so the OP’s question is somewhat incomplete.

Site Supporter
    Odd that only the discontinued Surefire M500 system is referenced as an authorized rifle light and that only one of two Surefire shotgun forends is on the lest. Bushmaster being listed as one of two patrol rifles also gives me pause.

Anyone know if the equipment specification list at SPD is taken seriously or if it's as outdated as my former agency's weapons manual was?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In all seriousness, doesn’t HSGI now offer more traditional taco type duty gear with flaps etc ?
    Who knew? Learning has occurred.

ETA: so even a weird first post can cost me money.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Out of curiosity, why?
    Someone I know is hoping to get hired there. He works contract hospital security and has to purchase a duty belt. So he would like to purchase one now that he can potentially use there rather than have a second duty belt.

I found the PDFs that others have suggested but wanted to make sure that the information I have is correct. It seems like the gear would be approved but I'd rather not suggest something to him and find out that it is not approved for some reason and is the exception to the rule. It seems like it would be approved as it is cordura if I am not mistaken.

Thank you for the help.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Who knew? Learning has occurred.

ETA: so even a weird first post can cost me money.
    They have covered / flap duty belt style nylon Taco pouches and Kydex Taco pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk1981 View Post
    Someone I know is hoping to get hired there. He works contract hospital security and has to purchase a duty belt. So he would like to purchase one now that he can potentially use there rather than have a second duty belt.
    While that's not a bad idea, and he needs a belt for work, it's best not to buy anything when "hoping to get hired" is all he's got. I used to see young guys pay for the academy on their own, buy pistols and duty gear, and then end up trying to sell it when they didn't get hired or the department that hired them had different requirements.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List