Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The bag weighs almost nothing, so it is the weight of the Rattler and whatever else you put in there.

I mostly use it from house to vehicle to plane. The most I have carried it is an hour -- for hikes, I put the Rattler and a mag into my pack. The messenger bag is reasonably comfortable but it isn't a pack.
    Thanks. Some years ago, my wife "tricked" me into an easy, short loop hike (it was a loop, but neither short nor easy). I carried the already packed shoulder bag and load I normally carry as you described, short/quick trips to vehicle, etc. The nice small pack remained, empty, in the car. Found out after a considerable amount of ups and downs on a trail, that I totally agree with what you said: "it isn't a pack".

Still, it looks like quite an efficient solution for those short, quick transitions. Certainly much better than the shoulder bag I used previously.

Thanks again.

Well, my Arc’Teryx Messenger Bag arrived, and, is, indeed, built very well. The apparent waterproofness looks impressive. I am reasonably certain that I received the genuine article, rather than a counterfeit. In spite of being all-black, I do not think that it appears “tactical.” This will be a very good camera/general-purpose messenger-style bag, if I do not buy a Rattler. Next step, to test it with a load, to simulate a Rattler. This would be a test of my imperfect spine’s ability to tolerate an off-center load, and for how long. I like the way that this bag seems designed to hug the user’s body, though, of course, the specific load would affect this capability.

My 10.3”, LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P is, of course, too big to fit, being very much a Backpack Gun, rather than a Messenger Bag Gun.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I pulled my Rattler’s FH today to install a Dead Air DA-120 KeyMicro flash hider preparatory to picking up a Wolfman. I was worried there would be Rocksett out the wazoo, but both the Rattler and the 9” MCX upper gave up their factory muzzle devices easily.

Are people Rocksetting their QD muzzle devices? I’m thinking not to allow for muzzle cleaning, that the SIG taper should help in keeping things tight so long as I occasionally check.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I didn't Rocksett mine, but I did use red Loctite, and adjusted the shims so I could tighten it down very well with the proper alignment. Whether that would hold up under sustained fire or not, I haven't determined yet, as I rarely fire more than two or three dozen rounds at a time. So far, it's remained in place.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I pulled my Rattler’s FH today to install a Dead Air DA-120 KeyMicro flash hider preparatory to picking up a Wolfman. I was worried there would be Rocksett out the wazoo, but both the Rattler and the 9” MCX upper gave up their factory muzzle devices easily.

Are people Rocksetting their QD muzzle devices? I’m thinking not to allow for muzzle cleaning, that the SIG taper should help in keeping things tight so long as I occasionally check.
    Torque matters more than chemicals. I used the new orange Loctite which is purported to hold like the red stuff, but will break free when needed.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I didn't Rocksett mine, but I did use red Loctite, and adjusted the shims so I could tighten it down very well with the proper alignment. Whether that would hold up under sustained fire or not, I haven't determined yet, as I rarely fire more than two or three dozen rounds at a time. So far, it's remained in place.
    Mine didn’t come with shims - they are flash hiders that don’t require timing. Are you using a brake?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Torque matters more than chemicals. I used the new orange Loctite which is purported to hold like the red stuff, but will break free when needed.
    I’ll check that stuff out, it’s likely to only be a yearly deep cleaning kind of thing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

OT, but at times I love Amazon reviews. From the Permatex Orange:

Name:  9D221A99-6701-4D66-841B-2BD66C5C4A23.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  57.5 KB
    Ken

Yes, sorry. I have the Key Micro Brake on Rattler plus KeyMicro Adapter on Wolfman.

Mine didn’t come with shims - they are flash hiders that don’t require timing. Are you using a brake?

I’ll check that stuff out, it’s likely to only be a yearly deep cleaning kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Yes, sorry. I have the Key Micro Brake on Rattler plus KeyMicro Adapter on Wolfman.
    Cool, thanks. I may reach out to DA just in case to see if shims are recommended for the FH. How do they work with the muzzle device’s taper?
    Ken

Cool, thanks. I may reach out to DA just in case to see if shims are recommended for the FH. How do they work with the muzzle device’s taper?
    They have nothing to do with the taper, don’t affect it. You do not need shims for a FH, just torque appropriately and go!
    #RESIST

User Tag List