Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Backordered
    He prints on demand.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Looks like August to me.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Document/page6

But @joshs says we don’t know exactly what it will say, yet…
    It’s probably not a coincidence that they finally got e-forms up and running for form 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s probably not a coincidence that they finally got e-forms up and running for form 4s.
    @Hansohn Brothers

Name:  63vo2r.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  54.8 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Looks like August to me.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Document/page6

But @joshs says we don’t know exactly what it will say, yet…
    I doubt it will be that much different than the proposed rule, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    … which is part of why I want to Form 1 mine. I’m curious what kind of stamp fee amnesty might be offered. (A boy can hope.)
    ATF has no interest in an amnesty, and this DOJ certainly isn't going to push for one.

A brace ban in August would be great timing to fire up a voter base for the midterms...

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    A brace ban in August would be great timing to fire up a voter base for the midterms...
    Honestly, it'd be a no-brainer for the R's to make short-barrel long-arms into title I firearms in 2025 (assuming they hold both houses and the presidency then, which IMO is more likely than not).

The HPA would have been nice, but with the ATF's upcoming braced pistol ruling it's very likely they're about to make lot of people into unintentional felons, so it'd be best to just permanently fix the situation. Try to explain to someone unfamiliar with US firearms law as to why short longarms are much more regulated than handguns and long longarms, and there's really no good explanation other than "it's a relic of how the NFA was passed / that's the way it's always been." The only problem is that 2025 is three years from now, and there's a lot of unregistered SBR/SBS charges that could be brought in that time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Honestly, it'd be a no-brainer for the R's to make short-barrel long-arms into title I firearms in 2025 (assuming they hold both houses and the presidency then, which IMO is more likely than not).

The HPA would have been nice, but with the ATF's upcoming braced pistol ruling it's very likely they're about to make lot of people into unintentional felons, so it'd be best to just permanently fix the situation. Try to explain to someone unfamiliar with US firearms law as to why short longarms are much more regulated than handguns and long longarms, and there's really no good explanation other than "it's a relic of how the NFA was passed / that's the way it's always been." The only problem is that 2025 is three years from now, and there's a lot of unregistered SBR/SBS charges that could be brought in that time.
    I hope you’re right. If the Democrats get rid of the filibuster in the next year, it would certainly make changes to the NFA much easier come 2025.

Since we’re in fantasy land, I’d be interested to see where they’d draw the line for SBRs. 10”? 7”? 5”? No limit? “Let the market decide?”

Site Supporter

I doubt you’ll see any push for not large numbers of brace prosecutions.

In my city, due to the volume of cases, ATF and the US Attorneys Office currently want either two felony convictions or a conviction for a violent felony in order to take a felon in possession case. The band with just isn’t there and we are not as busy as many other places.

You will also have new regulations on privately made firearms and issues with the various force reset triggers, Both of which will likely be higher priorities.

What it likely is you probably will not be able to get pistols with factory or dealer installed braces going forward And the wait time for e-file form ones will go up. That raise an interesting question. How many NFA examiners does Atf intend to add between now and August when they will have 4 million pistol brace owners who need to file form 1s?

Site Supporter

We have far less support for pulling SBRs out of NFA than we have for suppressors. We've supported a piece of legislation that would remove SBRs for the last three Congresses. It generally hasn't garnered more than 20-25 cosponsors in each chamber: https://govtrackinsider.com/home-def...m-8f9f40251f04

Is the thinking that with the new ATF guidance, braced pistols will require a form 1 to be legal, and will removing the brace make them legal?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List