Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have an 8” MPX it’s close enough IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by underhook View Post
    Same here. A lot less recoil but close enough.
    Got SBR paperwork approved.

MPX versus Rattler.

Both suppressed.

Name:  B448462B-6BFD-469A-A350-BB3487B56EC1.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  74.6 KB

Posting to both the MCX and Rattler threads - there was question at the SIG Academy Pro Shop about what works with what, they suggested I contact customer support. I just heard back:

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer

For Clarity: The upper receiver from all MCX models, including the Rattler, are compatible with all other MCX lower receivers. (Including a Rattler lower). The barrels from the Virtus can be used on older, Legacy MCX rifles, as they include the tapered lug bolt that will need to be used. The Rattler upper will work with a standard MCX lower, but cannot accept other MCX length barrels as the upper is unique in design in regards to recoil and gas management. Rattler barrels cannot be used with other MCX models either.

Kindest,
    So, with that I’ll start keeping an eye out for a complete 11.5” 5.56 upper assembly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Posting to both the MCX and Rattler threads - there was question at the SIG Academy Pro Shop about what works with what, they suggested I contact customer support. I just heard back:

So, with that I’ll start keeping an eye out for a complete 11.5” 5.56 upper assembly.
    That's excellent information. Thanks for following up.

Now we all just need to push Sig to either release the gasblock dimensions on the MCX so we can get aftermarket barrels in other calibers or have them release other caliber uppers.

I would like a 16-18" 6mm ARC upper. That would be awesome.

But before that, we really could use a rimfire variant of the MCX/MPX line.

I want to form 1 my Rattler, but I’ll wait until I’m in my new TX home - a year or so from now. For the time being, I really would prefer something better than the spinning, wiggly SIG brace portion. Here’s an option that uses the SIG brace strut that may be workable. It’s rigid and has a setscrew to prevent spinning.

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/...b-brace-update
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I want to form 1 my Rattler, but I’ll wait until I’m in my new TX home - a year or so from now. For the time being, I really would prefer something better than the spinning, wiggly SIG brace portion. Here’s an option that uses the SIG brace strut that may be workable. It’s rigid and has a setscrew to prevent spinning.

Wasn’t there some rumor of some guy who was charged with making a brace into a stock just by modifying it a little (like a strip of rubber). I might be nervous at using a brace that didn’t have specific ATF approval (for now) like the SB or Sig….

Backordered
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Wasn’t there some rumor of some guy who was charged with making a brace into a stock just by modifying it a little (like a strip of rubber). I might be nervous at using a brace that didn’t have specific ATF approval (for now) like the SB or Sig….
    The guy added the rubber tip from a cane to the back of a brace.

The case occurred in Ohio. The guy was a prohibited person found in possession of the brace pistol pursuant to a domestic violence incident. They attempted to tack on an SBR charge but it wound up being dropped.

In that instance the charge was based on the cane tip lengthening the LOP. The item from Smith manufacturing does not add any length

That is the only brace prosecution that is ever made it to federal court.

There are rumblings ATF may try to impose new brace regulations in June but for now there’s no issue.

There are rumblings ATF may try to impose new brace regulations in June but for now there’s no issue.
    They're coming.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Looks like August to me.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Document/page6

But @joshs says we don’t know exactly what it will say, yet…

… which is part of why I want to Form 1 mine. I’m curious what kind of stamp fee amnesty might be offered. (A boy can hope.)
    Ken

User Tag List