Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    The same LGS, where I saw a new Rattler early last year, with price tag of just under $2K, listed one last week, with a price tag of $3295. Sigh.
    That's just a normal price adjustment in accordance with bidenomics...

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    That's just a normal price adjustment in accordance with bidenomics...
    Some AR and other rifle-cartridge pistols are not priced at inflated prices, even some of the “boutique” brands, such as Wilson Combat and Noveske, available at the same LGS, but, yes, SIG is priced at the wealthy-collector level.

It is not that I am without an AR/M4 pistol, as I have a DDM4 V7P, with a LAW folder, but, as I may have written, in an earlier post, a 10.3” barreled, LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P is a weapon for medium/large backpacks, whereas a Rattler is a sling-bag/day-pack weapon. A sling bag or day-pack is socially acceptable more places than are medium/large backpacks.

A work-around, for some places, is to use a tripod bag, with appropriate photography-gear logo lettering and/or patches, which especially works well if one has a serious camera, slung on a strap, clearly visible. (There are tripod bags that will even accommodate a 16” M4, with the stock collapsed.) But, then, there are places that expressly prohibit photography, and/or the use of tripods, or other “professional” photography gear, with the result that one can attract the attention of security types. (Tripods are a tripping hazard, in crowded places.)

September First, in Texas, a legal pistol, such as a Rattler, or my DDM4 V7P, will be legal to possess, in more places, than a legal rifle, when the inaccurately-labeled “constitutional carry” bill takes effect. Texans gained permit-less handgun carry, in exchange for throwing a significant amount of long gun freedoms under the bus. (Historically, Texas law has been very long-gun-friendly, in ways that too few appreciated, or realized.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    The same LGS, where I saw a new Rattler early last year, with price tag of just under $2K, listed one last week, with a price tag of $3295. Sigh.
    I've been seeing Rattlers listed online for $2300 to $2400 at a few places this week.

September First, in Texas, a legal pistol, such as a Rattler, or my DDM4 V7P, will be legal to possess, in more places, than a legal rifle, when the inaccurately-labeled “constitutional carry” bill takes effect. Texans gained permit-less handgun carry, in exchange for throwing a significant amount of long gun freedoms under the bus. (Historically, Texas law has been very long-gun-friendly, in ways that too few appreciated, or realized.)
    I missed these changes do you have a link where they are summarized?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I missed these changes do you have a link where they are summarized?
    I’ll have to look for a good link. One problem is that even the “experts” are having to make best guesses, because nobody knows exactly how the bill is going to be interpreted into the language of the Penal Code, and Alcoholic Beverage Code. The bill is not going to simply be inserted, as a stand-alone law, but will need to be written into at least two separate chapters of the Penal Code, Chapter 30, regarding trespassing, and Chapter 46, regarding weapons and such.

It is not that long guns were directly attacked, in the language of the bill, but the bill specified places where “firearms” will be prohibited, in places where long guns used to “fly under the radar,” by simply being unmentioned. If something is not prohibited, it is, in effect, permitted. Well, the language of HB 1927 is full of “firearms” prohibitions.
    Last edited by Rex G; 07-25-2021 at 12:02 AM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I've been seeing Rattlers listed online for $2300 to $2400 at a few places this week.
    Well, buying from an LGS means that I could trade-in something, to help finance a new weapon, and have to pay sales tax only on the difference. Buying on-line means paying for the whole amount. I would rather wait for the collectibility factor to diminish. Plus, maybe the braced pistol mess* would be settled, one way or another, by then.

*I have no desire to have an NFA item, that I could not readily have on or about my person, with a loaded mag in place, while traveling. Having a legal handgun, that fires rifle cartridges, for interstate traveling, by personal vehicle, is the very niche that prompted me to buy into the concept of an AR/M4 pistol, in the first place.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well, buying from an LGS means that I could trade-in something, to help finance a new weapon, and have to pay sales tax only on the difference. Buying on-line means paying for the whole amount. I would rather wait for the collectibility factor to diminish. Plus, maybe the braced pistol mess* would be settled, one way or another, by then.

*I have no desire to have an NFA item, that I could not readily have on or about my person, with a loaded mag in place, while traveling. Having a legal handgun, that fires rifle cartridges, for interstate traveling, by personal vehicle, is the very niche that prompted me to buy into the concept of an AR/M4 pistol, in the first place.
    If I remember correctly, I don’t live to far from your area. The few gun shops around the Westheimer/ Bellaire area always seem way overpriced.

If you’re looking for 5.56 I would reach out to Carter’s, their website shows in stock for 2,500. They have a location on 59 south outside of the Beltway.

https://carterscountry.com/product/s...product_detail

I need to see what the current Sig Pro Shop pricing is like. I came into some unexpected money…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    If I remember correctly, I don’t live to far from your area. The few gun shops around the Westheimer/ Bellaire area always seem way overpriced.

If you’re looking for 5.56 I would reach out to Carter’s, their website shows in stock for 2,500. They have a location on 59 south outside of the Beltway.

https://carterscountry.com/product/s...product_detail
    Thanks, but, Carters only shows the 5.56 Rattler in stock, at $2500. I would not want a 5.56 weapon, with so short a barrel. The 300 BLK version is out-of-stock, and has a list price over $3200.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Thanks, but, Carters only shows the 5.56 Rattler in stock, at $2500. I would not want a 5.56 weapon, with so short a barrel. The 300 BLK version is out-of-stock, and has a list price over $3200.
    Dang it. Well, you could sign up for notifications at primary arms. They are out of stock but online price is at 2,300.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-saue...-brace-300-blk

User Tag List