Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Here it is - "concussion," not "blast..." This may not have been the straight comparison I remembered, though - maybe a metaphor. I did mention I didn't follow all the references, but I will the next time through.

Thanks, @flyrodr: "The 5.56 just feels/sounds more concussive" than the 300 BLK supersonics, and the subsonics are even less so, if I followed your comment right.

I find myself hesitating to shoot concussive rounds in an attempt to save what's left of my hearing.
    My sense is that an 8 inch .300 with supersonic ammo is similar to a 16 inch 5.56 in terms of concussion. I worried about the Rattler being very barky, but surprisingly it is not too bad. The Q Honey Badger was unpleasant with the Cherry Bomb, so I think muzzle device matters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Q Honey Badger was unpleasant with the Cherry Bomb, so I think muzzle device matters.
    One that note, I'm shopping for muzzle devices right now and can't see to find what I want. I'd like the option of putting a Nomad 30 on my Rattler. The KEYMO adds undesirable length and weight and the Cherry Bomb is to blasty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    One that note, I'm shopping for muzzle devices right now and can't see to find what I want. I'd like the option of putting a Nomad 30 on my Rattler. The KEYMO adds undesirable length and weight and the Cherry Bomb is to blasty.
    Have you looked at the Griffin Armament offerings? I've got their minimalist muzzle brake paired with the Plan A adapter for the Nomad, and a blast shield for when the can is off. Another option is to use their Plan A XL adapter, which is made for their longer muzzle devices, and call to see if their taper mount linear comp will work with it.

If you already have a cherry bomb, why not buy a whistle tip for when the suppressor is off? Blast is reduced considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Have you looked at the Griffin Armament offerings? I've got their minimalist muzzle brake paired with the Plan A adapter for the Nomad, and a blast shield for when the can is off. Another option is to use their Plan A XL adapter, which is made for their longer muzzle devices, and call to see if their taper mount linear comp will work with it.
    I have not looked at GA. Thanks man I'll start researching!

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    If you already have a cherry bomb, why not buy a whistle tip for when the suppressor is off? Blast is reduced considerably.
    That reminded me that I needed to order a Whistle Tip. Fortunately, Big Tex Outdoors had them in stock, so I just ordered one.

I agree the Cherry Bomb is a bit blasty solo. It's definitely worse than no muzzle device, which is how I was running my Rattler. One thing I did when I first got the KVP Mach 3 Linear Comp, was use just a single chamber as a blast deflector. It worked well enough to convince me a Whistle Tip would be a good investment.

For those of us stuck in non-silencer friendly places (like me, for now), the KVP Mach3 when built up is a nice little device. Only thing is, I haven't tried running it with sub-sonics, so I don't know if it adds enough backpressure to make the Rattler function with subs. It adds some back pressure for sure, compared to nothing, just based on gas I'm getting out of the ejection port, but I can't say if that is enough to run the gun with subs.

Name:  image5.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  14.1 KB
    Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  17.6 KB
    Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  20.6 KB

I have not looked at GA. Thanks man I'll start researching!
    The KVP 'Mach3' with your choice of adapter between muzzle device and linear comp might be a solution. It has the benefit of being configurable to the length you want. That's what I ended up, Cherry Bomb + Plan B + Mach3.

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/K...p-mach-b-3.htm

Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but I got this, and it is amazingly small but holds the Rattler.

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/courier-bag-15

Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but I got this, and it is amazingly small but holds the Rattler.

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/courier-bag-15
    It is amazing how much stuff this bag holds, for how small it is. In it, I comfortably have my Rattler with a 20, two extra 30 round mags, a Glock 19 with several spare mags, a light, two packs of Brenneke slugs, a sling and a Sordin headset.

Name:  CC6DDABF-1CED-40AB-BD61-F7EC50F43914.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  1EB55E76-89F3-40BE-8EFA-9E3C4A80D220.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  48.1 KB

For size perspective, this is a four inch Shield in a JM George.

Name:  AA700063-C659-491C-9954-CDA26721DD2E.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  43.9 KB

It is amazing how much stuff this bag holds, for how small it is. In it, I comfortably have my Rattler with a 20, two extra 30 round mags, a Glock 19 with several spare mags, a light, two packs of Brenneke slugs, a sling and a Sordin headset.
    How's that shoulder strap for hoisting all that weight? OK for a quick walk from house to car, car to office, etc, I presume. Perhaps not something you'd want to use for couple of miles walk?

Agree on the amazing capacity! (Particularly the mythical Brenneke slugs! I have yet to find any.)

User Tag List