Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    No experience with this vendor. $2550

https://www.sportsmansfinest.com/pmc...cb-al-mlok-5-5
    Can't be an all bad place - - - selling both firearms and fly fishing equipment!

Searching Gunbroker today for Rattlers to see what the market is looking like, I stumbled across this: "Peak Case SIG MCX Rattler PSB or SBR Violin Case"

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878200857

Unless you are looking to be low profile at a Bluegrass Festival, I think of this as more of a novelty solution, but it's still got a fun/cool factor I can't deny. I've been looking at camera backpacks, vertx, 5.11, GoRuck, etc. while waiting for my Rattler to arrive. I just stumbled on this backpack from Yeti. I think Yeti is so obviously synonymous with coolers, etc. This seems like a great low profile option. I tied to insert the image of this, but couldn't manage. Sorry to make you click a link.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/bags/cros...ack/YCRBK.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post

I've been looking at camera backpacks, vertx, 5.11, GoRuck, etc. while waiting for my Rattler to arrive. I just stumbled on this backpack from Yeti. I think Yeti is so obviously synonymous with coolers, etc. This seems like a great low profile option. I tied to insert the image of this, but couldn't manage. Sorry to make you click a link.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/bags/cros...ack/YCRBK.html
    Ive been looking hard for a simple, discreet, urban-friendly pack for a mk18-type folding pistol. Maybe we need an AR pistol bag thread

Camera bags? Computer? Violin? All of these items are easily transferred on the neighborhood market. It's not clear to me why one would conceal a camera in a violin case and think there might be a net benefit.

It would seem to me that a proper PDW bag would proactively signal that there's nothing of value inside. A gym bag (with an abused pair of Costco gym shoes hanging from the grip, or a cheap backpack for example.

ALMOST finished. Yesterday my Q Cherry Bomb came in...

Name:  image6.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  17.4 KB

Along with a Plan-B

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  20.6 KB

Which together allow me to mount one of Kaw Valley Precision's modular linear compensators

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  17.6 KB

Which I configured to be the approximate length of a Energetic Arms VoxS

Name:  image5.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  14.1 KB

Finally allowing me to have both a backpack Rattler config

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  34.5 KB

And a home defense config rattler - Just by swapping the handguards and removing the linear comp.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  41.8 KB

Last little bit is to Loctite and torque everything down and then order a piece of M-Lok rail or a Scout mount to move the light from 12 to 1:30 or 3 (Haven't decided).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Ive been looking hard for a simple, discreet, urban-friendly pack for a mk18-type folding pistol. Maybe we need an AR pistol bag thread
    I got a Vertx Gamut Checkpoint. My AR pistol folds down to 22.75” overall length, and just fits diagonally. I think it looks pretty discrete, and can be had in several non-tactical colors.

I offer that up here to help thos who wonder what will actually fit in a given pack/bag. Goodness knows I pestered enough guys here asking for folded OAL in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Camera bags? Computer? Violin? All of these items are easily transferred on the neighborhood market. It's not clear to me why one would conceal a camera in a violin case and think there might be a net benefit.

It would seem to me that a proper PDW bag would proactively signal that there's nothing of value inside. A gym bag (with an abused pair of Costco gym shoes hanging from the grip, or a cheap backpack for example.
    Just depends on what the goal is. For some folks, the point is simply to look like they don't have a gun, without any thought to whether or not they have anything valuable. The mission there is simply to not look threatening and not alarm anyone, with theft not being an issue.

110-grain Barnes VOR-TX

I just received an in-stock notice from Midway USA, at 0703 HRS, 07 October, regarding 300 BLK 100-grain Barnes VOR-TX.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I am trying the unity tactical fast Micro Mount on my rattler.

The rear sight inside the Mount seems to be at a awkward focal distance for me and I am having trouble distinguishing the front sight through it. The front sight is unity tactical fixed on a micro hub at the end of the rail.

However, the cut out for the rear sight in the mount seems like it could function as an adequate rear aperture with the rear sight removed. Has anyone done this?

New bag! Vertx Transit Sling 2.0 in a nice brick red color is VERY NICE! Smaller than even the GR1 21L. Take a gander!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

User Tag List