Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Slings

I, like many others keep the Rattler slingless in the bag but carry a sling with me in case I need it. I found that a traditional QD swivel would block my thumb from efficiently working the selector. Searching the webz, I found this at Grovtec. Much more room to access the safety and seems rock solid like all of their stuff. A tad narrow, but a 1-1/4” BFG sling fits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just snuggling with my new BFF.

Name:  94DEE075-BC4D-426A-8AB0-71AE1EB340D3.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  35.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just snuggling with my new BFF.

Name:  94DEE075-BC4D-426A-8AB0-71AE1EB340D3.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  35.1 KB
    Needs less Sig Brace...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Needs less Sig Brace...
    Which brace is the new hotness? (Sincere question; not meaning to be “smart.”)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    The cool kids seem to be using the Gear Head Works Mod 1C. It’s substantially smaller than the regular Mod 1. I believe @SouthNarc has some photos in this thread.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

DanM has it right

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The cool kids seem to be using the Gear Head Works Mod 1C. It’s substantially smaller than the regular Mod 1. I believe @SouthNarc has some photos in this thread.
    Thanks.

I don’t currently have an eligible SIG weapon, but am trying to keep up with things. I had forgotten that SouthNarc had changed the brace on his Rattler.

I did see one Rattler in-stock, for a brief moment in time, locally, in June. In hindsight, Perhaps I should have paid 20% down to put it on lay-awake, then returned with tradin’ material.

Nah; really, I need to sort-out a way to put a side-folding stock on my Winchester 94AE Trapper carbine. (Not entirely kidding. If I can get a laminated-wood stock, that is less likely to split, I might make that happen, sawing off most the butt end, and grafting the folding part onto what is left.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Nah; really, I need to sort-out a way to put a side-folding stock on my Winchester 94AE Trapper carbine. (Not entirely kidding. If I can get a laminated-wood stock, that is less likely to split, I might make that happen, sawing off most the butt end, and grafting the folding part onto what is left.)
    Please start a thread when you do. I would love to see the pictures.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I, like many others keep the Rattler slingless in the bag but carry a sling with me in case I need it. I found that a traditional QD swivel would block my thumb from efficiently working the selector. Searching the webz, I found this at Grovtec. Much more room to access the safety and seems rock solid like all of their stuff. A tad narrow, but a 1-1/4” BFG sling fits.
    I would mount the QD on the other side like I do with most rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Needs less Sig Brace...
    You can’t even let me have the honeymoon?

My sig brace doesn’t flop too much, so it’s acceptable, while I weigh various options. Though the Tailhook Mod C seems ideal.

Still, part of me thinks the Rattler would look fly as shit with the Triangle Brace from SB: https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/tf1913/

User Tag List