Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Canebrake specific thoughts

I have gotten out with it a couple of times and decided the faux suppressor is heavy and dumb. I know it mimics the real thing, but as is it makes the Rattler transition like a leaded baseball bat. So I ordered a KAK flash can. It’s 11 oz lighter and 2” shorter. The hand guard is still in the chunky side but a much handier package.

Speaking of I ordered a Midwest 5” hand guard that isn’t here yet. I think the short configuration is the way it will remain until, and if I add a suppressor. Now if UPS would decide to deliver it, already two days late.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I have gotten out with it a couple of times and decided the faux suppressor is heavy and dumb. I know it mimics the real thing, but as is it makes the Rattler transition like a leaded baseball bat. So I ordered a KAK flash can. It’s 11 oz lighter and 2” shorter. The hand guard is still in the chunky side but a much handier package.

Speaking of I ordered a Midwest 5” hand guard that isn’t here yet. I think the short configuration is the way it will remain until, and if I add a suppressor. Now if UPS would decide to deliver it, already two days late.
    What's the length on that flash can?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What's the length on that flash can?
    5” give or take. Faux can is 7”.

5” give or take. Faux can is 7”.
    Cool.

I just ordered the slim-line long and slim-line short KAK cans, and a Midwest 5" Rattler handguard all from Optics Planet. Hopefully, it will all be here by early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Cool.

I just ordered the slim-line long and slim-line short KAK cans, and a Midwest 5" Rattler handguard all from Optics Planet. Hopefully, it will all be here by early next week.
    This is the extended slim line flash can. I debated the standard but went with this one. The reduction in weight makes it transition much quicker. Looking forward to the short handguard and BRT Covert Comp.

My handguard is coming from a GB seller. OP was out when I looked and these guys said in stock. It’s been 2-1/2 weeks, ups has it but it hasn’t moved in 36 hours. They claim delivery Saturday via SurePost. I’m not holding my breath.

This is the extended slim line flash can. I debated the standard but went with this one. The reduction in weight makes it transition much quicker. Looking forward to the short handguard and BRT Covert Comp.

My handguard is coming from a GB seller. OP was out when I looked and these guys said in stock. It’s been 2-1/2 weeks, ups has it but it hasn’t moved in 36 hours. They claim delivery Saturday via SurePost. I’m not holding my breath.
    Yea...I'm a little...pissed at Optics Planet.

They said everything was in stock when I added everything to my cart. Now they've just sent me an email saying 5-8 weeks for things to ship. I'll be canceling my order with them. That is the kind of bullshit I can't tolerate.

If anyone wants a Midwest M-Lok Rattler handguard - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020855284?pid=356325

Midway says they have 4 (3 now) in stock.

I happened to have a $50 gift certificate for Midway too. So...that solves my Optics Planet problem.

Midway also claims to have Gearhead Works Mod-1c in stock… mine is supposedly shipped, though there is another thread about them taking a while to ship.

The Barnes ammo I ordered from them shipped fast enough. No complaints there.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    Midway also claims to have Gearhead Works Mod-1c in stock… mine is supposedly shipped, though there is another thread about them taking a while to ship.

The Barnes ammo I ordered from them shipped fast enough. No complaints there.
    I find if you pay the extra for shipping from Midway - whatever tier is above “USPS Basic” - they usually ship in a matter of minutes. Example: Today I paid for 3-day shipping, just to guarantee I have my parts before I head down to Texas. 35 minutes after I placed the order, a shipping notice went out and I got tracking info.

I haven’t been able to find dimensions online… will the Troy micro sights clear an x300 at 12 o clock?

User Tag List