Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Everyone go contact their reps...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ret-brace-ban/

ATF up to some secret rule making trying to ban braces... Potentially?
    There is no such thing as “secret rule making”

A known asshole congressman got hold of a draft proposal and is using it as a fund raising /attention seeking tool.

Congress passes statutes and the executive agencies which implement them develop rules to implement the details of how they are implemented consistent with congressional intent. Those rules are drafted internally (the stage where the subject of the bullshit, inaccurate TFB article is currently) if they are considered for implementation they are proposed publicly in the federal register and subject to a public comment period. After taking public input into consideration the proposed rule is either scrapped, modified, or implemented by publishing in the federal register and included in the appropriate chapter of the CFR or Code of Federal Regulations. At that point if the rule is unreasonable, unconstitutional etc it can be challenged in court.

This process applies to all federal agencies / regulations it is not unique to ATF nor is it a “secret.”

PS - the proposed rule applies to only one specific make /model of brace, not braces in general.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Picked up my Rattler at the LGS this afternoon; it's one of the nicer shops in the area. In part as a result of Covid-19, and in part the current domestic situation, there was a waiting line outside the shop. The "gatekeeper" allowed people in as an equal number left. And he periodically announced "If you're here for ammo, we're out of .223/5.56, .45ACP . . . [etc.]. Ask me about other calibers." [They had .300BLK, but limited purchase quantities.] One gentleman quietly, and sincerely, asked "Do you have guns for sale?" The store guy said nicely, "Yes sir. We do." A sign of the time, perhaps.

I asked about transfers. "Go the Register 3." When the clerk brought out the box, I had an "Ah shucks" moment. The box was long enough for many full-size guns. But the contents were correct. Apparently, Sig uses this-sized box for many SKUs.

Plan on getting to the range this weekend for a shakedown. Thanks to @GJM and @SouthNarc for sharing their wisdom.
    Enjoy! I look forward to living vicariously, through your user reports.

A prominent local SIG dealer had a 300 BLK Rattler last week, hanging up for display. It sold before they had a chance to list it on their site. (Actually, I doubt they bother, anymore, to photograph and list the hotter items, that they know they can quickly sell to walk-ins.)

I had strongly considered putting it on lay-awake, er, I mean layaway. I remembered that I have bigger fish, to fry first, and maintained discipline. I will have substantially more cash, by July First, and need to prioritize optics, mounts, and sights for weapons we already have on hand. Plus, my nephew is becoming interested in .mil rifles, and I may buy him a whole rifle. He is a good, mature kid. (He and his mother live with us. His father is deceased.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Just picked up a Rattler last week for a bag gun. Is anyone using a unity tactical fast mount (Aimpoint type) or one of the anvl type mounts? I’m wondering if the unity tactical mount particularly causes issues with concealing the gun. I kind of like that they have emergency iron sights built in.

I have some thoughts (excuses) for a can later for coyotes around livestock as well.

Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Just picked up a Rattler last week for a bag gun. Is anyone using a unity tactical fast mount (Aimpoint type) or one of the anvl type mounts? I’m wondering if the unity tactical mount particularly causes issues with concealing the gun. I kind of like that they have emergency iron sights built in.

I have some thoughts (excuses) for a can later for coyotes around livestock as well.

Jason.

Playing with the FAST mount with a T2 right now but have not zero'ed yet. No problems with it riding in the GR1 21L

So current unzero'ed Rattler status is the Unity Tactical Fusion Micro 2.0 hub, Unity Tactical folding front sight, Modlite PLHv2 18350 one cell light, and the Unity Tactical FAST mount.

So....right now....just LARP'ing around the house....I dig this set-up. Can't really get a cheek weld on the Rattler, but I can get a nice stock and chin wield. It feels really good and I really like the heads up posture more for CQB.

That being said range time will tell as far as zero and holdover issues (if any) with a mount this tall. It looks goofy...but it works....LARPing.....in my house....in my underwear.

And it fits in the bag just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That mount looks high, will be interesting to learn how it works out. I have a relatively clean set up with a Micro, SF 3V Scout, 20 round GI mag and no BUIS. That makes it come out if the back pocket of the GR1 smoothly and quickly.

My GR1 and Rattler is parked next to the bed and will accompany us on a six hour round trip drive across Montana over to a match tomorrow.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That mount looks high, will be interesting to learn how it works out.
    I'm super curious about holdovers as I've never worked with a mount this high before.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm super curious about holdovers as I've never worked with a mount this high before.
    A year or so ago I went to a carbine class at TPC, and got into the theory of bringing the butt of the carbine lower and more central to reduce torque when shooting quickly. That led me to a 1.93 mount, that allowed me to hold my head higher and the butt lower. When I looked into the holdovers, because I was concerned about more offset, the information I saw suggested it was almost immaterial. That was at 1.93, and I’m not sure how much higher your amount is?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    See post #14 on difference between 1.5 and 2.0.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-or-fad/page2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A year or so ago I went to a carbine class at TPC, and got into the theory of bringing the butt of the carbine lower and more central to reduce torque when shooting quickly. That led me to a 1.93 mount, that allowed me to hold my head higher and the butt lower. When I looked into the holdovers, because I was concerned about more offset, the information I saw suggested it was almost immaterial. That was at 1.93, and I’m not sure how much higher your amount is?

The FAST is 2.26"

User Tag List