Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone know why this kit comes with the trigger? Is the trigger somehow different in the Rattler if you’re dropping it on to a standard AR lower?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/mcx-r...-5-300blk.html

Eta:
    If it is required to make the rattler upper work, will a regular upper work with that trigger of converting back? Or, will that same trigger work if I were to install a different MCX upper?

Say, for example, I co verged one of my SBR lowers to a Rattler, could I also have on hand a 10” 5.56 mcx upper to install on the same lower?
    I asked the MCX program guy for SIG these same questions when I was researching. The MCX requires a different trigger. It will not work with a standard AR upper. All MCX lowers are the same so any of the complete MCX uppers will work. However, only rattler specific barrel and caliber changes will work in a rattler upper. Standard MCX virtus parts won’t swap.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I asked the MCX program guy for SIG these same questions when I was researching. The MCX requires a different trigger. It will not work with a standard AR upper. All MCX lowers are the same so any of the complete MCX uppers will work. However, only rattler specific barrel and caliber changes will work in a rattler upper. Standard MCX virtus parts won’t swap.
    so...

If I buy this
    https://sigsauerguns.com/sig-sauer-u...0-blk-tap.html
    and do the full swap on one of my existing SBR lowers, can I then just pop the pins and install this upper, and everything should run without issue?
    https://sigsauerguns.com/accessories...b-556-tap.html

and I wonder if it's possible to buy that 5.56 11.5" upper without the trigger and stock parts, since I'd already have them for the 300wtf upper.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    so...

If I buy this
    https://sigsauerguns.com/sig-sauer-u...0-blk-tap.html
    and do the full swap on one of my existing SBR lowers, can I then just pop the pins and install this upper, and everything should run without issue?
    https://sigsauerguns.com/accessories...b-556-tap.html

and I wonder if it's possible to buy that 5.56 11.5" upper without the trigger and stock parts, since I'd already have them for the 300wtf upper.
    Yes that would work. Yes you can buy just the upper. Seems like sig does runs of different parts and you have to look out for them.

When I get hime later I’ll send you the link to the reps answer

An interesting option in the camera bag range… that thing would disappear in a lot of places.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBtCoPPn3t1/

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    An interesting option in the camera bag range… that thing would disappear in a lot of places.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBtCoPPn3t1/
    Indeed. Think Tank makes really high quality, very functional camera gear. And well recognized. No doubt the thief stealing it would be as pleased with a Rattler as a nice high end digital camera and a couple of extra lenses.

Picked up my Rattler at the LGS this afternoon; it's one of the nicer shops in the area. In part as a result of Covid-19, and in part the current domestic situation, there was a waiting line outside the shop. The "gatekeeper" allowed people in as an equal number left. And he periodically announced "If you're here for ammo, we're out of .223/5.56, .45ACP . . . [etc.]. Ask me about other calibers." [They had .300BLK, but limited purchase quantities.] One gentleman quietly, and sincerely, asked "Do you have guns for sale?" The store guy said nicely, "Yes sir. We do." A sign of the time, perhaps.

I asked about transfers. "Go the Register 3." When the clerk brought out the box, I had an "Ah shucks" moment. The box was long enough for many full-size guns. But the contents were correct. Apparently, Sig uses this-sized box for many SKUs.

Plan on getting to the range this weekend for a shakedown. Thanks to @GJM and @SouthNarc for sharing their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Picked up my Rattler at the LGS this afternoon; it's one of the nicer shops in the area. In part as a result of Covid-19, and in part the current domestic situation, there was a waiting line outside the shop. The "gatekeeper" allowed people in as an equal number left. And he periodically announced "If you're here for ammo, we're out of .223/5.56, .45ACP . . . [etc.]. Ask me about other calibers." [They had .300BLK, but limited purchase quantities.] One gentleman quietly, and sincerely, asked "Do you have guns for sale?" The store guy said nicely, "Yes sir. We do." A sign of the time, perhaps.

I asked about transfers. "Go the Register 3." When the clerk brought out the box, I had an "Ah shucks" moment. The box was long enough for many full-size guns. But the contents were correct. Apparently, Sig uses this-sized box for many SKUs.

Plan on getting to the range this weekend for a shakedown. Thanks to @GJM and @SouthNarc for sharing their wisdom.
    Welcome to the club.

Finally sold some stuff so that I can join, Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post

Welcome to the Treehouse! Now you too can fling poo at the lesser monkeys!

Loaded up 80 rounds tonight...

Name:  46DBE2E9-63F7-48FB-A470-3DC50A09B76B.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  27.9 KB

So now I’ve got ammo, mags, the bag...I just need the gun. Soon(TM)...

User Tag List