Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Need to flex more on @LittleLebowski

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-mp9...t-shooting-bag

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    What are you guys thinking for lights and backups? Both? None? Laser?

So far I have seen @GJM and @underhook solutions. Are you guys happy with those?

if I skip backups, I like the TLR7 at 12:00 with the original side switches. It clears the dot and works with a C clamp grip for me. With irons maybe a mini scout at 3:00 with an SR switch.

I guess I’ve watched to many movies about the apocalypse because I hate not having irons for the fairly implausible reason of not being able to find batteries or replacement. For no reason I can articulate I feel like I need irons more on a CIV gun than a SWAT or SOF thing with heavy support or short duration missions.
    So, I’m still debating irons (and probably will for like the next 8-months).

The Bobro low profile BUIS are kind of what I am thinking most about.

BUT - since my gun will primarily be a close range thing and I want it to be low profile, I am currently thinking - Surefire XC2 at 12. And then using a Romeo5 XDR (https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/si...en-dot-review/). I’m leaning mount both as low as possible, to get closer to an AR-height over bore, since the Sig top rail is higher than a standard AR. If it works, and my laser is visible in most conditions out to 25y, I’ll probably skip the BUIS.

Since I am an OCD nerd, I like the idea that both the XC2 and XDR run on single AAA batteries and I can shove two of those into a grip insert and/or get them anywhere in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    All of it. Right here.

So. Gear Head Works Mod 1C brace is the way to go. Looks like a SIG factory part and is rock solid.Attachment 54233

Brace sold as a single unit? It Looks like an SB FS1913, with the Mod1C?

I believe I saw an adapter to mate the two, but now can't find the source..
    Taking a break from social media.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm feeling pretty micro-aggressed right now. #PoorSafesMatter

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Brace sold as a single unit? It Looks like an SB FS1913, with the Mod1C?

I believe I saw an adapter to mate the two, but now can't find the source..
    These two parts on the factory swing arm part.

https://gearheadworks.com/product/ta...ig-spin-brace/

https://gearheadworks.com/product/ta...-mod-1c-black/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Go out and fondle your chainsaw and whisper, “I wish you were a Rattler” and you’ll feel better.
    At least the saw is going to get used for what it was meant to be used for, not just preparing for something we all hope never happens and will work like hell to avoid.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

OK, let’s say it now — this thread isn’t to discuss accessories. There are plenty of PDW threads for that. This is to show your Rattler off doing fun things. Here is my morning contribution.

Name:  A87C96CF-4F77-4CC0-83AE-B6387457821B.jpeg
Views: 2022
Size:  83.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    At least the saw is going to get used for what it was meant to be used for, not just preparing for something we all hope never happens and will work like hell to avoid.
    GTFOH with that sense.

This thread is about crushing poors and expensive bags.

Here is my favorite EDC bag from DEFY. Made here in ChIraq of bomb-proof waxed canvas with Chicago-made Horween leather accents. Because America, FUCK YEA!

And by the measurements of my scientifically accurate measuring tape, the Rattler will fit right in.

Name:  C0C98DC6-C964-440B-8E3C-C076B3B4B2BA.jpg
Views: 1960
Size:  39.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    So far I have seen @GJM and @underhook solutions.
    The Tailhook is the bomb but the old model adds width. I'm going to get the compact as soon as it is back in stock.

On lights, with my current Tailhook I can ran an OWL and not increase the width. Once the compact tailhook is on there, the X300U positioned to not add width or snag will pay off.

The Magpul backup sights are too big for me. I want to find something that takes up less rail. Note the gap between the light and front sight is so I can run a sentry strap to organize my sling. I keep the sling in the bag but not on the gun now.

The MRO is big and limits the width of bags I can put it in. The Aimpoint Micro is much smaller. l own both - have Aimpoint on my Copperhead. I'd love to explore an ACRO but the battery life scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Surefire XC2 at 12.
    I carry an XC2 on my G48. It is so fragile (2 trips back to Surefire) and with so little power I'd skip it. The Rattler is a heavy gun (~7lbs) so adding a X300 vs a XC2 is in the noise)
    Last edited by underhook; 05-19-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    OK, let’s say it now — this thread isn’t to discuss accessories. There are plenty of PDW threads for that. This is to show your Rattler off doing fun things. Here is my morning contribution.

Name:  A87C96CF-4F77-4CC0-83AE-B6387457821B.jpeg
Views: 2022
Size:  83.8 KB
    That picture really reinforces how important it is to know your personal environment. I could, in theory, carry a rattler like that legally here. However, I suspect I would get the chance to personally thank a large group of our first responders for their service.

User Tag List