Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Got my cherry bomb and whistle tip in, going to install that tomorrow. Pretty sure my Romeo4T is eating batteries. Gonna have to check again with a new battery and then give Sig a call.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I bought a Cherry Bomb and Whistle Tip for my Rattler, and a Q Plan B for my Omega. Very interested in your impressions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bought a Cherry Bomb and Whistle Tip for my Rattler, and a Q Plan B for my Omega. Very interested in your impressions.
    If I can get get out to a range haha.

Also have a plan B for my vox s, from first install it's better than the direct thread cap they on there from a fit perspective, very smooth to install where the stock cap had a few rough spots.

If I can get get out to a range haha.

Also have a plan B for my vox s, from first install it's better than the direct thread cap they on there from a fit perspective, very smooth to install where the stock cap had a few rough spots.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...omb-and-Plan-B
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks. Yeah I have been reading some of the "complaint" threads. I picked up some nickel anti-seize and will see how things go.

Damn, how did you guys remove the muzzle device? I got the gas block in a padded vice and the muzzle device doesnt want to unscrew. Tips appreciated.

Damn, how did you guys remove the muzzle device? I got the gas block in a padded vice and the muzzle device doesnt want to unscrew. Tips appreciated.
    SIG uses Rockset on the MCX so I imagine they use it on the Rattler too. Rockset is basically high heat resistant thread locker. So using heat to remove it like Loctite doesn't work. Tips I've seen include:
    1. Submerge in boiling water for 5-10 minutes
    2. Rap with brass hammer
    3. Soak in water or isopropyl alcohol for 24 hours
    4. Use more torque (cheater pipe) and swearing.

It is supposedly water soluble. I would go with the boiling water followed by brass hammer rapping. Someone else may have better tips.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    SIG uses Rockset on the MCX so I imagine they use it on the Rattler too. Rockset is basically high heat resistant thread locker. So using heat to remove it like Loctite doesn't work. Tips I've seen include:
    1. Submerge in boiling water for 5-10 minutes
    2. Rap with brass hammer
    3. Soak in water or isopropyl alcohol for 24 hours
    4. Use more torque (cheater pipe) and swearing.

It is supposedly water soluble. I would go with the boiling water followed by brass hammer rapping. Someone else may have better tips.
    Thanks, I'll try the boiling water after I get some sleep... dont really feel like dying from dumping boiling water all over myself...

Thanks, I'll try the boiling water after I get some sleep... dont really feel like dying from dumping boiling water all over myself...
    I have not needed boiling water in the past but I have heard of people having difficulty. Rapping the wrench/device multiple times with a hammer has done the job for me. You may need to soak it in water to remove the residue prior to reinstallation.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I have not needed boiling water in the past but I have heard of people having difficulty. Rapping the wrench/device multiple times with a hammer has done the job for me. You may need to soak it in water to remove the residue prior to reinstallation.
    @MickAK did you just clamp your barrel in some soft jaws or did you use a barrel holding jig? I am wondering if my soft jaws are "too soft" and are allowing more flex than I want? I am probably way overthinking this problem...

Cooking...

User Tag List