Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have those with a decent set of Ameriglo sights installed (Bolds or Troopers — because I was too impatient to find some old take off sights and just grabbed those off the sight shelf and installed them) around here somewhere, I consider Glock sights “install once” so I won’t be pulling out the sights and reusing them.

Anyway, I think it’s a good idea, I just don’t care for the way they are implemented. You can have them
    If you want. PM your Mailing address and I’ll send them to you.
    Thanks Tom! PM incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Okay, here is one idea I have -

Something a bit like the ANVL UKON mount, but without the sights obscuring the tube.

A T1 mount with 45-degree pistol sight mounts and dovetails. Use the Glock pattern and tuck them down very close to the base of the tube, where the tube and mount meet. Now, the problem, Aimpoints adjust on the right side of the optic. So, to keep things high and tight, I'm thinking sights canted on the left side. This will require some manipulation to rotate the top of the gun outboard (ejection port down), instead of inboard (for a right handed shooter), but would offer a very low-profile iron sight option. I'm talking almost vestigial, where the body of the optic meets the mount the sights stick up and you can half-use the seam where the body and sight mount meet as a plane to help orient the sights (like looking at the top of a pistol slide).

Maybe @SpyderMan2k4 and Aridus Industries can offer a Rattler CQB mount...
    On the phone with him now. Ideas are there... If he had some poking elsewhere that'd help sway.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    On the phone with him now. Ideas are there... If he had some poking elsewhere that'd help sway.
    With the rise of (revival of?) PDWs not just here but in general, PCCs, CZ EVO, Honey Badger, etc. I could see there being a decent sized market.

All things like this are best shopped through Instagram as near as I can tell. At least for the private market. One of Adam’s cool rendering mockups tossed on IG could be the market test needed.

Okay here is a potential low-low-low mount iron sight solution: https://www.hightowerarmory.com/Prod...e=HTAMULTIBASE

This company makes a bunch of chintzy stuff, so no clue how quality these mounts are. That said for 40 bucks and a set of Glock sights (I bet someone around here has some plastic ones they’d donate to the cause) it could be worth checking out.

I’m envisioning these mounted and then using something like a SLR Rifleworks T1 mount - https://slrrifleworks.com/t1-mount-absolute/ - It’s such a low profile mount you could easily see through it. A set of suppressor height sights and an adjustable rear might be needed to get them zero’ed at 50, but if it works, it would be very low profile.

Hmmmmm.

I have a couple of DD Micro mounts that you can see under. Doing some messing around with my 10.5” AR, it just might work. To get a comfortable sight picture I had to roll the gun 90 degrees left and put the brace on top of the shoulder, similar to Rob Haught ‘short stocking’.

I ordered a set...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Bow to your sensei.
    I was looking over pics of your Rattler. Noted you are running MLok covers on the left side of your hand guard.
    Is this for the texturing / grip? Heat?
    Why only one side?
    RailScales version.?

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I was looking over pics of your Rattler. Noted you are running MLok covers on the left side of your hand guard.
    Is this for the texturing / grip? Heat?
    Why only one side?
    RailScales version.?

JW
    Hey those are indeed the Rail Sales Micros and the only reason I didn't put any on the right side is that I've been experimenting with light placement and a variety of mounting options there.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not sure how this thread escaped me until now. Damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Hey those are indeed the Rail Sales Micros and the only reason I didn't put any on the right side is that I've been experimenting with light placement and a variety of mounting options there.
    Have you found something compelling light-wise, yet?

___

Quick Update:

Still a couple of months from picking up my Canebrake. But I've sorted out my initial foray of configuration:

I'm going to try the HTA sights as my initial back-up irons that Tom kindly offered me
    SLR Rifleworks T1 Absolute - https://slrrifleworks.com/t1-mount-absolute/
    And use for at least general testing purposes a Primary Arms (Holosun) microdot on top

Since I'm buying a Canebrake, I need a shorter configuration handguard for backpack carry - I'm going to try the Midwest Industries 5.25" Rattler Handguard - https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...-sigr-5.25.htm

I've got a Cherrybomb and Whistle Tip on order as well. I'm going with the Q stuff for two reasons. One, the ease of install using basic hand tools, two a Trash Panda or Thunderchicken will eventuall find its way onto this gun.

Backpack wise - I broke out an inexpensive, black canvas backpack I bought at Ikea of all places. Turns out dimensionally it's almost identical to the GR1. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/foerenk...lack-20313566/ - It says 15.25" tall in the dimensions, my version is 19" exactly from the bottom of the bag to just below the zipper. Not sure if they measured their bag fully stuffed or if they changed the dimensions due to a manufacturing change, but the bag I have is a lot bigger than the dimensions listed there. If someone is feeling adventurous they could order one from Ikea and see if they get a bigger bag than described.

Have you found something compelling light-wise, yet?

Compelling? Not yet. Still waiting on my XVL2.

Got my cherry bomb and whistle tip in, going to install that tomorrow. Pretty sure my Romeo4T is eating batteries. Gonna have to check again with a new battery and then give Sig a call.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List