Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes. Their interest has always been for a .300 "bag gun" due to the issues inherent to super short 5.56 including lack of terminal ballistics.

While it's possible to suppress a Rattler, the original requirement was for a compact gun to shoot .300 supers unsuppressed as an alternative to 9mm SMG for low visibility ops.
    “Bag Gun.” This has been the reason for my interest in the Rattler, though totally unrelated to being military. (I am retired LE, having joined Houston PD, in Texas, for adventure, during a time when it was a boom-town, in training to compete with Detroit for murder capital of the USA.) A suppressor, if attached, takes a Rattler out of the “Bag Gun” size envelope, and into the “not-so-small backpack gun” envelope. A suppressor, that is not attached, may be fun, but is unlikely to be attachable, in the time constraints of a real-life emergency.

A Rattler would be my “answer” to someone like a Alief, Southside, or Northside thug, road-raging or driving-by with his Draco. (Alief is a particularly large area, that encompasses parts of southwest Houston, and some rural areas just outside Houston.)

I don’t want to tote/wear a backpack, during day-to-day activities. My idea of a “Bag Gun” fits inside what outwardly appears to be a photographer’s sling bag, because, well, I do photography things.

I say this as someone who has yet to buy a Rattler, and whose current Bag Gun would probably be a large-frame revolver, or perhaps a G17 or 5” 1911.

I do have a LAW-folder-ed, 10.3”-barreled DDM4 V7P, which is definitely just a bit large, unless I plan my whole day around it, in which case it is not really a “Bag Gun.” Some Texas FFL dealers are starting to keep Rattlers in-stock, at less-than-MSRP-level prices, lately.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Canebrake

I got a Canebrake Rattler initially planning on suppressing it.

Then I got MPXs and started gaming for practice.

Then I was disappointed with the Rattler ballistics.

So I put a 9” blackout barrel on it with a Virtus op rod and we are good to go.

As expected the MPX training translates over well.

And the 9” gives me the ballistics I want.

Name:  859391F5-7CC5-43FB-B238-68AC068C95F1.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  6183596F-98C5-4A76-A30A-5A6229C4DFEE.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  54.0 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 06-01-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Tax stamp finally showed up.

Name:  8524E7C1-D4D6-4D06-8A8E-F7AC0B55EE00.jpg
Views: 1968
Size:  57.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Tax stamp finally showed up.

Name:  8524E7C1-D4D6-4D06-8A8E-F7AC0B55EE00.jpg
Views: 1968
Size:  57.7 KB
    Sweet!

Congrats!

Curiosity - I know SOCOM decided to field Rattlers in quantity. Has anyone seen how they are configuring them (optics, stocks etc.) or is it too soon? I’m not a clone kind of guy, but I’m interested in seeing how they are using them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but I got this, and it is amazingly small but holds the Rattler.

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/courier-bag-15
    It is amazing how much stuff this bag holds, for how small it is. In it, I comfortably have my Rattler with a 20, two extra 30 round mags, a Glock 19 with several spare mags, a light, two packs of Brenneke slugs, a sling and a Sordin headset.

Attachment 67725

Attachment 67726

For size perspective, this is a four inch Shield in a JM George.

Attachment 67727
    I saved a search for the Arc’teryx LEAF bag on the evil bay, and, finally getting a notification for a listing posted by a seller with positive feedback history, I just paid a collector’s price, for what was listed as “new, with tags.” Now, for UPS to do its part, and, then, to try to beat the porch pirates, when I get a delivery notification…

No Rattler, yet; I am going to make sure that I have a favorable impression of whatever bag I will be using, first.

Edited to add: I recently noticed that one Texas dealer was already listing brace-less Rattlers, for sale.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I saved a search for the Arc’teryx LEAF bag on the evil bay, and, finally getting a notification for a listing posted by a seller with positive feedback history, I just paid a collector’s price, for what was listed as “new, with tags.” Now, for UPS to do its part, and, then, to try to beat the porch pirates, when I get a delivery notification…

No Rattler, yet; I am going to make sure that I have a favorable impression of whatever bag I will be using, first.

Edited to add: I recently noticed that one Texas dealer was already listing brace-less Rattlers, for sale.
    I will need to take a picture of mine, now that I have the Vertx holders attached, holding two 30's, two Glock mags and a Surefire. Makes the Rattler disappear. I was shooting mine yesterday and it is a great way to bring a rifle caliber to pistol distances.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I will need to take a picture of mine, now that I have the Vertx holders attached, holding two 30's, two Glock mags and a Surefire. Makes the Rattler disappear. I was shooting mine yesterday and it is a great way to bring a rifle caliber to pistol distances.
    Name:  F51B8427-68CB-4BCB-8510-63D2BBD6F3EA.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  F51B8427-68CB-4BCB-8510-63D2BBD6F3EA.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  35.8 KB
    How much weight do you have in the bag when it's carrying the Rattler and spares? And is it reasonably comfortable to tote around that way for a couple of hours without digging into your shoulder?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    How much weight do you have in the bag when it's carrying the Rattler and spares? And is it reasonably comfortable to tote around that way for a couple of hours without digging into your shoulder?

Thanks!
    The bag weighs almost nothing, so it is the weight of the Rattler and whatever else you put in there.

I mostly use it from house to vehicle to plane. The most I have carried it is an hour -- for hikes, I put the Rattler and a mag into my pack. The messenger bag is reasonably comfortable but it isn't a pack.

User Tag List