Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

You could also try getting the Rattler conversion kit and then putting it on the AR15 pistol lower of your choice. You want p/n "UAMCX-5B-300-TAP". The only downside for using an AR15 lower + conversion kit over a complete MCX is that you won't be able to use a dual-rod collapsible brace or stock, since the AR15 lower's receiver extension ring interferes with the cutouts for the collapsible brace/stock. But a folding brace/stock is better than the collapsible anyways, so IMO it's not that big a deal.

Here's a conversion kit in stock: https://www.deguns.net/sig-mcx-rattl...x-5b-300-tap/p

I finally got a Rattler in .300 Blackout! It came into my local shop as a pre-owned, with a telescoping pistol brace installed and with the factory side folder brace. Condition is great, but for some markings where the back up irons were previously mounted.

FYI, I am a recreational/home defense user, not a professional end user, and but here are my thoughts/plans:

Brace: The telescoping brace is very solid, but adds more length to the package than I'd prefer. I am going to check out the SB tactical TF1913; think that could work well for
    me and check the aesthetic box to boot. If anyone has experience with that, I'd value their feedback.

Optic/Sights: I have pre-ordered the Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen 2 Reticle to try out. Love the foot print, like the fact that (as it has an etched reticle) I don't really need back up iron sights, it comes with lots of mounting options so that I can experiment with height placement, and, given their general reputation for above average quality, it seems a great value proposition for my intended purpose. If I don't like it, I'll mount an old Micro T-1 I have.

Suppressor: This will be my first. The Omega K has been recommended. I'd like to keep the package as small and light as makes sense and this seems to fit the bill. I think I will mostly use this with supersonic ammo and zero it in for same, and just learn the hold over for subsonic.

Light: No idea. I'd like to keep it handy, but a pistol light isn't my first choice. There's already great info in this thread about lights, so I'll reread. My local shop stocks surefire. I thought the mini scout light pro could be a simple, robust solution.

Sling: No idea. What are the considerations for a platform this compact? I lean towards a two point, but could a single point make sense here?

Storage: I'd like to keep this next to my bed, in a safe of some sort. I'm going to read this post from Lucky Gunner as a place to start https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...-and-shotguns/

Glad to finally join the club. It's been a long wait!

Rattler conversion kit in stock as of 3:26 cst: https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-rattler...-5-300blk.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I finally got a Rattler in .300 Blackout! It came into my local shop as a pre-owned, with a telescoping pistol brace installed and with the factory side folder brace. Condition is great, but for some markings where the back up irons were previously mounted.

FYI, I am a recreational/home defense user, not a professional end user, and but here are my thoughts/plans:

Brace: The telescoping brace is very solid, but adds more length to the package than I'd prefer. I am going to check out the SB tactical TF1913; think that could work well for
    me and check the aesthetic box to boot. If anyone has experience with that, I'd value their feedback.

Optic/Sights: I have pre-ordered the Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen 2 Reticle to try out. Love the foot print, like the fact that (as it has an etched reticle) I don't really need back up iron sights, it comes with lots of mounting options so that I can experiment with height placement, and, given their general reputation for above average quality, it seems a great value proposition for my intended purpose. If I don't like it, I'll mount an old Micro T-1 I have.

Suppressor: This will be my first. The Omega K has been recommended. I'd like to keep the package as small and light as makes sense and this seems to fit the bill. I think I will mostly use this with supersonic ammo and zero it in for same, and just learn the hold over for subsonic.

Light: No idea. I'd like to keep it handy, but a pistol light isn't my first choice. There's already great info in this thread about lights, so I'll reread. My local shop stocks surefire. I thought the mini scout light pro could be a simple, robust solution.

Sling: No idea. What are the considerations for a platform this compact? I lean towards a two point, but could a single point make sense here?

Storage: I'd like to keep this next to my bed, in a safe of some sort. I'm going to read this post from Lucky Gunner as a place to start https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...-and-shotguns/

Glad to finally join the club. It's been a long wait!
    Congrats, now you just have to find ammo!

One consideration regarding the can: I don't know about the omega K, but I emailed silencerco regarding the omega 300 and they said to only shoot subsonic ammo through it due to the short barrel length of the rattler, not sure if this applies to the K or not but something worth checking into.

Every time I’m at the SIG Academy pro shop I paw the Rattler demo. What’s considered to be a good price for the braced pistol? I think their student price is $2100ish, and I’m attending a class next month.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Congrats, now you just have to find ammo!

One consideration regarding the can: I don't know about the omega K, but I emailed silencerco regarding the omega 300 and they said to only shoot subsonic ammo through it due to the short barrel length of the rattler, not sure if this applies to the K or not but something worth checking into.
    Thanks for that feedback; that would be important to figure out. And don’t get me started on ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Every time I’m at the SIG Academy pro shop I paw the Rattler demo. What’s considered to be a good price for the braced pistol? I think their student price is $2100ish, and I’m attending a class next month.
    FWIW, I got a pre- owned, family and friends price of $2000, with an extra (Manticore Arms? Brace). I was prepared to pay more since I’ve had a new one on order since June of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    2100 doesnt seem too bad, looking at the last year or so of r/gundeals posts, the best price for the complete gun was $2300

primary arms slx-1x microprism with red illuminated acss cyclops gen-2 reticle arrived today. Eye relief is great. Reticle is super bright. Thought you all might appreciate seeing what it looks like mounted.

Name:  106DD9EE-2287-441C-BF14-F2028867E880.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  57.7 KB

I got an email from Ranier Arms that .300 Blk Rattlers were back in stock. $2500.

https://www.rainierarms.com/sig-saue...70615885321729
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List