Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Question for those who are running a Gear Head Works Tailhook on their SIG brace using the GHW adapter - does your brace lock fully open? I’m looking at my brace and wondering if there is enough clearance since I’d like to reuse the Tailhook that was on my Scorpion.

Also, if anyone sees one of the GHW adapters for sale anywhere, please give me a shout. They are out of stock everywhere I’ve looked.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Question for those who are running a Gear Head Works Tailhook on their SIG brace using the GHW adapter - does your brace lock fully open? I’m looking at my brace and wondering if there is enough clearance since I’d like to reuse the Tailhook that was on my Scorpion.

Also, if anyone sees one of the GHW adapters for sale anywhere, please give me a shout. They are out of stock everywhere I’ve looked.
    I hate quoting myself, but...

GHW said they are a few weeks out for the adapters, so that should work out.

Is anyone using the full sized Tailhook 1 on their Rattler, or will only the 1C work and lock open? I'm really hoping my Tailhook 1 will work.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I haven't seen anything about it other than a TFB TV YouTube video, but Sig is developing the Raptor, a sort of mega-Rattler in 308.

https://youtu.be/p6iy1TSolGQ

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I haven't seen anything about it other than a TFB TV YouTube video, but Sig is developing the Raptor, a sort of mega-Rattler in 308.

https://youtu.be/p6iy1TSolGQ
    Interesting for use around creatures.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Rattler for wife

My wife rarely shoots guns.

Usually we go to the range once a year to do some basic self defense drills and equipment checks.

But since COVID she hasn’t gone for a couple years.

Well, tomorrow is the day and I’m going to introduce her to the Canebrake Rattler shooting suppressed subsonic 300 blackout.

As a general info contribution, shooting suppressed subsonic when zeroing today did not require high gas setting. Rounds cycled faithfully and it sounds like a suppressed 22. I’m glad it cycled low gas because I don’t think my wife would like the smell of the high gas setting.

It might be a winner for her home defense use over a pistol.

What can are you using for the lower gas settings? I've had the same experience with my Sandman S and K with most subsonic (exception being Hornady Black Subsonic which none of my 300BLKs like much).

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    What can are you using for the lower gas settings? I've had the same experience with my Sandman S and K with most subsonic (exception being Hornady Black Subsonic which none of my 300BLKs like much).
    Name:  8E544B00-98B0-4147-BAF3-D4A4B681725E.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  42.8 KB

I’m using a 7.62 Rugged Razor.

The RTV to the charging handle helped cut down on gas. But it’s still more pleasant on low gas.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    New bag! Vertx Transit Sling 2.0 in a nice brick red color is VERY NICE! Smaller than even the GR1 21L. Take a gander!
    Want. What’s up with the RDS height, armor?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Want. What’s up with the RDS height, armor?
    More S/A due to the heads up posture. No real cheek weld but I do get an acceptable “chin” weld. Plus better for NoDs.

User Tag List