Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

After it was all said and done, Optics Planet did have the GHW adapter in stock and got it to me today.

Up next is a Comp M5b, the PA/Holofun works fine, holds zero, and I just change the battery once a month. But I want something more robust and the quick change turrets for going super to subs and back will be cool...because in T-Minus 90 days I'll be putting a silencer in jail.

Name:  D9338C19-ECAD-4573-AE7F-5DE8B291C0F7.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    For those running the Gearhead Works Tailhook on the stock Sig PCB extension - are you just using the Custom Smith MFG adapter?

@SouthNarc

Sorry Rob I missed this. I'm using the Gearhead Works adaptor to stop the spinny. Solid part.

For those still needing/exploring muzzle devices Liberty Precision Machine has a new tapered shoulder brake the "Liberty Bell"

They also dropped the shorter, much more compact "Baby Bell" today. It's a square shoulder, but I queried them on IG and they said a tapered shoulder version is in the works. These are compatible for the Plan-B and similarly sized adapters. Should work with a Whistle Tip and I think LPM has or will release a blast shield in that diameter.

https://www.libertyprecisionmachine..../muzzle-brakes

Prices are better than Q stuff too.

After it was all said and done, Optics Planet did have the GHW adapter in stock and got it to me today.

Up next is a Comp M5b, the PA/Holofun works fine, holds zero, and I just change the battery once a month. But I want something more robust and the quick change turrets for going super to subs and back will be cool...because in T-Minus 90 days I'll be putting a silencer in jail.
    What silencer are you planning for this guy?

And man, I picked the wrong week to stumble upon this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    What silencer are you planning for this guy?

And man, I picked the wrong week to stumble upon this thread.
    Jay at Pew Science and CGS Group's Engineer Josh Parker have about convinced me that the CGS Hyperion QD is the way to go. Even though designed as a 5.56 silencer it can work on anything .338" and below. Fits under the Canebrake handguard. And the titanium version which should be about 5-7 ounces lighter than the 20 ounce steel can, will be out before end of summer.

Site Supporter
    Jay at Pew Science and CGS Group's Engineer Josh Parker have about convinced me that the CGS Hyperion QD is the way to go. Even though designed as a 5.56 silencer it can work on anything .338" and below. Fits under the Canebrake handguard. And the titanium version which should be about 5-7 ounces lighter than the 20 ounce steel can, will be out before end of summer.
    This one? Ti, and already out...
    https://www.capitolarmory.com/cgs-hy...-silencer.html

It’s about 18 oz, but holy cow, it’s 9.4” long.

Or is there another one that DuckDuckGo couldn’t find?

I’m casually looking for a short, effective can for my 8” 300 BLK AR. About 5” would be ideal. Lighter is better. So I have a feeling that the Rattler nut-huggers and I would be interested in the same things.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 04-29-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    This one? Ti, and already out...
    https://www.capitolarmory.com/cgs-hy...-silencer.html

It’s about 18 oz, but holy cow, it’s 9.4” long.

Or is there another one that DuckDuckGo couldn’t find?

I’m casually looking for a short, effective can for my 8” 300 BLK AR. About 5” would be ideal. Lighter is better. So I have a feeling that the Rattler nut-huggers and I would be interested in the same things.
    Sorry I said Hyperion, but I meant the titanium version of the Helios QD:

https://cgsgroup.com/product/helios-qd/

Which is not yet out. The standard version is a hefty 19-ounces but only 6.5" long

The Hyperion 762K is out there in the wild. But talking with Jay and Josh they both advise going Helios. The sound profiles are insane with supersonic ammo. The Helios is right on the edge of hearing safe with supersonic 5.56 and 6.5CM with slower .300BO it should be. With subs we're talking Hollywood quiet.

Haley Strategic Thorntail SBR with a FourSevens Quark mounted. This Quark runs off of a AA or a 14450 IMR cell. With a AA about 250 lumens with the 14450 about 600. If I'm on the road the battery dies I can pop an AA to get me home.

The last bit of this "build" will be Aimpoint Comp M5B and a Magpul MIAD with battery storage with a AAA and AA stashed inside. Well that and a can but that's separate. I had to push the light back a little further than I would have liked, because when tightened down it preventing the swappable rail from coming off. I'll probably grind the mount down a bit to get clearance and move it forward. It could go forward about 3-slots on the top rail.

Long (House Gun) Configuration:

Name:  19D82C6E-4AB4-4A6B-9C32-A9E546BB4195.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  98.3 KB

Short (backpack/travel) config:

Name:  01A1452B-0240-4454-A5D4-7CC6454A8D51.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  101.4 KB

Ground the light mount down and flipped it around. I like it more, but with the long Canebrake handguard the light is still pretty far back. Gonna debate this for a bit. But since most of my plans are basically hit the light for ID and get to shooting I can punch the light on and slide my hand forward without and issue.

Name:  93398377-91EE-421B-B60D-768E8D5E40B6.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  5D72A609-0E16-442E-A547-0CF6DF1B3A95.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  77.2 KB

If you want to be cool like SouthNarc, the Unity FAST Micro mounts are on sale at dvor.com (opticsplanet outlet) for 145, FDE and black available at the moment. https://www.dvor.com/unity-tactical-...-26-2021-05-02

I’m going to see if I like the form factor, and it means I could drop my iron sights for a little less weight.

User Tag List