Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    If you want to be cool like SouthNarc, the Unity FAST Micro mounts are on sale at dvor.com (opticsplanet outlet) for 145, FDE and black available at the moment. https://www.dvor.com/unity-tactical-...-26-2021-05-02

I’m going to see if I like the form factor, and it means I could drop my iron sights for a little less weight.
    I look forward to the review on it! I'll be on the hunt for a new mount soon. Trying to decide if I think the irons are that critical for a gun that sits in a safe or backpack most days.

Meanwhile, back in the jungle, last night Cloud Defensive announced on IG a flash sale on clear anodized OWLs - 25% off. I know they're chunky in terms of weight, but I've wanted to check one out for awhile, so I've got one on the way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Meanwhile, back in the jungle, last night Cloud Defensive announced on IG a flash sale on clear anodized OWLs - 25% off. I know they're chunky in terms of weight, but I've wanted to check one out for awhile, so I've got one on the way.
    Have you looked into the Modlites with the 18350 body? I've got one on my Rattler. You get slightly more lumens and candela slightly than the OWL in a form factor equivalent to a single cell CR123 light.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Have you looked into the Modlites with the 18350 body? I've got one on my Rattler. You get slightly more lumens and candela slightly than the OWL in a form factor equivalent to a single cell CR123 light.
    Don’t tempt me Frodo.

Seriously though, I’d like to see a picture. I’m pretty sure that a 18350 tucked in tight at 1 o clock with a mod button would be the best.

Site Supporter
    Don’t tempt me Frodo.

Seriously though, I’d like to see a picture. I’m pretty sure that a 18350 tucked in tight at 1 o clock with a mod button would be the best.
    But it cannot stay in the Shire!

Not exactly what you asked for, but it's how mine currently sits. I'm trying to decide between going back to the stock rail now that Arisaka has a Rattler specific 1 o'clock light mount, or sticking to the MI rail and trying out a Modbutton. The upper interferes with the upper left M Lok slot, which is why my Hot Button is mounted on the lower one.

Note that this is a first gen Modlite PLH head, and the newer gen 2 heads are slimmer.

Name:  20210504_204125.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  20210504_204149.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  20210504_204158.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  22.6 KB

I love mine! Much better tint/CRI vs the Modlite. It's a bit chonky but built like a tank.

I look forward to the review on it! I'll be on the hunt for a new mount soon. Trying to decide if I think the irons are that critical for a gun that sits in a safe or backpack most days.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    now that Arisaka has a Rattler specific 1 o'clock light mount
    The photos you posted are wonderful… thank you! The fact you allude to above… will likely cost me money. That looks nearly perfect.

Name:  CC5109BA-D7E8-4BF1-80B7-BE9025DE725E.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  48.7 KB

https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-mcx/

The photos you posted are wonderful… thank you! The fact you allude to above… will likely cost me money. That looks nearly perfect.

Name:  CC5109BA-D7E8-4BF1-80B7-BE9025DE725E.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  48.7 KB

https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-mcx/
    That does look just about perfect. And I've got a Rattler on the way.

Let me cut straight to the chase. I like well engineered/overbuilt things. The Cloud OWL is exactly that. Add in the warm-tinted beam with better color rendering than a white beam and I was for it.

I'm in the middle of converting everything in the house that runs on CR123s to run on 18650s. Which is about half a dozen lights. I'm also converting all of my carry flashlights to Nichia 219Bs or Cs with 92-95 CRIs. I've decided to sacrifice all the lumens of white light, for truer color recognition.

I like the OWL a lot. It's a little big for a Rattler. But you get a very robust light package with nothing external and everything is water proofed and pressure tested.

Name:  9AC2EC94-9066-4BFD-9457-C3168A58FC40.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  57.7 KB

Tagged him on IG but for @Doc_Glock

Left: Streamlight ProTac HL-X

Right: Cloud Defensive OWL

Both powered by 18650 Samsung Q30 cells that were fresh off the charger showing 4.1v.

Name:  7F2E11A6-DA9A-4A00-A62D-ED8F1AAABEF1.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  29.2 KB

User Tag List