Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I love Rocksett myself personally. I love that it's water soluble and a warm water bath soak overnight +/- ultrasonic pulsing turns it to sand.

That's just me and I don't have as much long gun experience as a lot of people here.
    Rockett is the conventional solution but I haven't had a property torqued muzzle device come loose yet.

Maybe this is a more appropriate question for the ammunition section - and maybe it has been answered there - and I apologize, but...

What ammo are folks using for their Rattlers for defensive use?

The last time I looked, everything that was available was either grossly overpenetrating or failing to penetrate to FBI standards.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Maybe this is a more appropriate question for the ammunition section - and maybe it has been answered there - and I apologize, but...

What ammo are folks using for their Rattlers for defensive use?

The last time I looked, everything that was available was either grossly overpenetrating or failing to penetrate to FBI standards.
    Barnes but Hdy GMX is also decent.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Everyone was raving about these when braced pistols were a legal thing. I remember during the giant PDW thread, @SouthNarc saying something along the lines of a braced Rattler in pistol configuration was probably the most practical defensive long gun for a civilian to own. Now that braced pistols aren’t really a thing anymore, how does everyone feel about the Rattler? To me, a lot of the utility goes away if you have to SBR it. You can no longer travel out of your state with it unless you get ATF permission first. Many states won’t let you legally have one loaded in a vehicle. Some states also have no legal avenue to carry a long gun loaded in a concealed manner.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Based on the status of the current cases in the Fifth Circuit, my best guess is that the new pistol brace rule will not last.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Everyone was raving about these when braced pistols were a legal thing. I remember during the giant PDW thread, @SouthNarc saying something along the lines of a braced Rattler in pistol configuration was probably the most practical defensive long gun for a civilian to own. Now that braced pistols aren’t really a thing anymore, how does everyone feel about the Rattler? To me, a lot of the utility goes away if you have to SBR it. You can no longer travel out of your state with it unless you get ATF permission first. Many states won’t let you legally have one loaded in a vehicle. Some states also have no legal avenue to carry a long gun loaded in a concealed manner.
    I am not aware of anything else that packs this punch and yet fits into an Arcteryx messenger bag.

Name:  IMG_3817.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  66.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m perfectly happy with my Rattlers SBRed and using my purpose built cheekweld AR pistol for potential travel.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm perfectly happy with using my SBRed Rattler for travel. It's rare that I unexpectedly take a road trip outside Texas, so I have enough time to file a 5320.20. That's an annoying requirement but not a huge dealbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with using my SBRed Rattler for travel. It's rare that I unexpectedly take a road trip outside Texas, so I have enough time to file a 5320.20. That's an annoying requirement but not a huge dealbreaker.
    It also helps that you live in a place where you can drive in a straight line for 10hrs and not leave the state. Lol!

User Tag List