Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Nagel’s Guns, in SATX, has real-world pricing, on SIG Rattlers, below MSRP. This is as of October the Tooth, 2022.

https://nagelsguns.net/?orderby=inst...t_type=product

I am within long day-trip distance, if only I could convince myself that I really need a Rattler bad enough to do some painful trading, of things I have on-hand.

Edited to add: @HeavyDuty
    Do it. Both of my Rattlers are more fun than you should be allowed to have with clothes on, in addition to the .300s practicality as a PDW/bag gun/whatever you want to call it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Nagel’s Guns, in SATX, has real-world pricing, on SIG Rattlers, below MSRP. This is as of October the Tooth, 2022.

https://nagelsguns.net/?orderby=inst...t_type=product

I am within long day-trip distance, if only I could convince myself that I really need a Rattler bad enough to do some painful trading, of things I have on-hand.

Edited to add: @HeavyDuty
    @Rex G

@HeavyDuty

PM me re: Nagels.

@HCM Long time lurker, newly crested account. It appears I'm unable to PM, I was wondering about Nagels. Are you able to PM me?

Quote Originally Posted by sigbit View Post
    @HCM Long time lurker, newly crested account. It appears I'm unable to PM, I was wondering about Nagels. Are you able to PM me?
    @sigbit I have verified your account so that you may now send and receive PMs.
    #RESIST

"SIG Sauer were recently awarded a 5-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract valued at $5 million to provide the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) with a new Reduced Signature Assault Rifle. The RSAR will be MCX Rattlers chambered in 5.56x45mm and .300 BLK and will be equipped with SIG’s SL suppressors." . . . "SOCOM describes the RASR as a ‘PDW system [which] will allow Operators to have maximum firepower in a concealable weapon.’"

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...assault-rifle/

"Except for Sig Sauer, the vendors did not meet the technical requirements and/or the weapons do not meet the commercial definition. Due to the nature of this particular effort, USSOCOM cannot procure PDWs that are prototypes, under development, not in production, are in limited production or will be in general production in 1-2 years from now."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Interesting. I’ve heard the 5.56 variant was pushed by .GOV as a training platform, I wonder if that’s what is happening here too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    "SIG Sauer were recently awarded a 5-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract valued at $5 million to provide the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) with a new Reduced Signature Assault Rifle. The RSAR will be MCX Rattlers chambered in 5.56x45mm and .300 BLK and will be equipped with SIG’s SL suppressors." . . . "SOCOM describes the RASR as a ‘PDW system [which] will allow Operators to have maximum firepower in a concealable weapon.’"

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...assault-rifle/

"Except for Sig Sauer, the vendors did not meet the technical requirements and/or the weapons do not meet the commercial definition. Due to the nature of this particular effort, USSOCOM cannot procure PDWs that are prototypes, under development, not in production, are in limited production or will be in general production in 1-2 years from now."
    Another coup for SIG. Seems like a pretty small contract, but I’m sure it will help their marketing of the Rattler in the civilian market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. I’ve heard the 5.56 variant was pushed by .GOV as a training platform, I wonder if that’s what is happening here too.
    Good point. Probably less than half the ammo cost for 5.56, common mags - why wouldn’t they? The reduced ammo cost would probably pay for the 5.56 weapons within a couple of years.

I finally got the pair of Rex Silentium MG7 silencers I bought in the summer of 2021, then I sent them off to Capitol Armory to be cerakoted. Now the Rattler's pretty much complete.

Name:  MCX Rattler DPMS left.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  21.5 KB

If anyone is waiting for a 11.5” 5.56 MCX upper, SWFA just got them back in stock: https://www.swfa.com/sig-sauer-mcx-v...nato-11-5.html
    Ken

User Tag List