Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Another video on the Rattler… I'm not vouching for the quality of the material, just posting it for the group mind.

@masternave thanks for posting these. Please keep doing so if you have the time. Thanks.

I saw that KD4 posted an upcoming BCM grip that might work for a rattler real well…

Do you have to mod a traditional AR grip to work on an MCX?

Name:  115974614_578003733088088_2058260193142059185_n.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  74.0 KB

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJEy4mJbbF/

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    I saw that KD4 posted an upcoming BCM grip that might work for a rattler real well…

Standard AR grips fit I am currently running the Reptilia on mine I like it as it adds a little length to the trigger reach.

The front “beak” on the BCM grips always hurt my middle finger knuckle so I gave up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post

I can already tell it's way too short for my hands, but if it's needed for storage requirements it'd be workable. He originally posted about cutting a BCM Mod 3 grip down to fit his AR pistol in his Harley's saddlebags a couple years ago.

Reptilia makes a short AR grip as well.
    Name:  49023102_299599607215407_437371968749043712_n.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  70.8 KB

USACarry continues their video series. Once again, not vouching for the quality of the content, just collecting it.

Decided to go through a stack of hard camera cases to see if one of them worked well with the Rattler and a couple of extra mags. I limited my looking to the sturdier Pelican "Protector" cases, which have the metal sleeves over the locking holes, and are generally a bit heavier-duty (and heavier) than the sister "Storm" or "Air" cases.

I had a large "briefcase" Pelican, the Model 1495, which has nominal interior dimensions (from the Pelican web site) of 18.9"x13.1"x3.8". Attachment 58238

The Rattler and 3 mags left plenty of room in this one. (Note that this case has no foam or padding, which would need adding.)

I also had a more standard-proportioned Model 1500, with nominal interior dimensions of 16.8"x11.2"x6.1". This case did have the Pelican padded insert, and the Rattler still fit fine, albeit snugly side-to-side. Attachment 58239

The 1495, although larger (LxW) does look more like a typical hard side "laptop" case, while the 1500 looks more like a "camera" case. Not sure if one configuration is more attractive than the other to undesirables . . .

I've carried cameras in Pelican cases for decades, and (knock on wood, repeatedly), have yet to have any stolen or broken into. But I do keep them out of sight in vehicles, and in rooms, as best one can, and use stainless cables and sturdy padlocks to secure them to a seat frame in vehicles, or a bed frame or plumbing in rooms. Not completely fool-proof, but about all one can do to catch a meal, etc.

Either of these would also work for an airline trip (I never check cases this small separately, but secure them inside of and to the frame of a checked roller bag). And assuming one was going to a location where a PDW was legal.

But neither of this is large enough for the Go Ruck!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I limited my looking to the sturdier Pelican "Protector" cases, which have the metal sleeves over the locking holes, and are generally a bit heavier-duty (and heavier) than the sister "Storm" or "Air" cases.
    Just for the sake of conversation, is this because you want cases that are robust enough for the rigors of air travel, or better able to resist prying apart by casual snoopers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation, is this because you want cases that are robust enough for the rigors of air travel, or better able to resist prying apart by casual snoopers?
    Yes to both. The other cases (Air, Storm) sold under the group are pretty sturdy, and certainly dust/water "proof". But the Protector cases are the original, and a bit tougher. If you look at the outside, the Protectors have a sort of "ribbed" construction, and the added metal tabs I mentioned. Possibly the best combination of water/dust/tamper-resistant features one can find in a pretty portable case. As mentioned before, they're pretty commonly used by various military and law enforcement agencies, and pretty well vetted. And they have a good warranty.

I have a 1510 case, which is the largest carry-on legal Pelican, and a roller. It's been brutalized by baggage handlers, bounced in the bottom of drift boats being dragged down gravel and logging roads, and pounded in small boats running th flats and inland coastal waters at high speed. And been baked by tropical sun in such boats for years. And it's still going strong.

(To be clear, I have no financial interest in Pelican, other than they have gotten a lot of my money over the years!)

All that said, some sturdy bolt cutters could go through my stainless cable, and a big hammer could probably knock off the locks. But it hasn't happened . . . yet!

User Tag List