Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    What can are you using for the lower gas settings? I've had the same experience with my Sandman S and K with most subsonic (exception being Hornady Black Subsonic which none of my 300BLKs like much).
    I’m looking at a Sandman S. Your experience was good or bad?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It's a good durable can. Not the quietest (honestly its hard for me to tell the difference and I don't care about db meters) or lightest but it also doesn't have much backpressure compared to other cans.

So I saw this article:

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/02/10...9pZ-0Ez0iBfO_Y

And basically it’s a gasket on the underside of the charging handle.

So in addition to the RTV I used on top of the handle, I’m experimenting with RTV on the underside like they have on their build. Trying it on one of my MPX but if it works well, I’ll do it to my Rattler and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    So I saw this article:

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/02/10...9pZ-0Ez0iBfO_Y

And basically it’s a gasket on the underside of the charging handle.

So in addition to the RTV I used on top of the handle, I’m experimenting with RTV on the underside like they have on their build. Trying it on one of my MPX but if it works well, I’ll do it to my Rattler and report back.
    how much gas to the face are you getting with the rattler? i have only put around 60 subs through it so far with an omega 300 but it was barely noticeable with the stock mcx charging handle compared to an 11.5 AR with a radian CH and the same suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    how much gas to the face are you getting with the rattler? i have only put around 60 subs through it so far with an omega 300 but it was barely noticeable with the stock mcx charging handle compared to an 11.5 AR with a radian CH and the same suppressor
    I’m not sure I can describe it to you since it’s so subjective.

I could “tolerate” it, but why inhale lead primer vapors if not necessary?

I tend to shoot high volume rapidly, so 60 rounds would have been about 5 min of shooting…

In slow fire, my wife didn’t comment on anything and she’s sensitive.

So YMMV depending on your use patterns.

If a little bit of silicone cuts down on it, I’m delighted to do that.

I ordered a 11.5” 5.56 upper at the Pro Shop today for the Rattler while I was still eligible for the class discount. If anyone cares, these include the stock adapter for an AR receiver and are item UAMCX-11B-556-TAP. I may flip the adapter and hinge to recover a few bucks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I ordered a 11.5” 5.56 upper at the Pro Shop today for the Rattler while I was still eligible for the class discount. If anyone cares, these include the stock adapter for an AR receiver and are item UAMCX-11B-556-TAP. I may flip the adapter and hinge to recover a few bucks.
    FWIW I've had a 11.5" upper on order for just over 7 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    FWIW I've had a 11.5" upper on order for just over 7 months now.
    I asked if they’ve heard anything; they had no details but did say they have been seeing more complete 11.5” guns turn up recently. I did it more to lock the price in.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    An interesting option in the camera bag range… that thing would disappear in a lot of places.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBtCoPPn3t1/
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I continue to be impressed with this tiny camera bag. It’s sort of a niche use case as their probably aren’t many times you couldn’t use a slightly larger bag and have more in it. The bag is tiny. Basically the exact outline of the folded gun. It perfectly fits the gun in the main pocket and a single point sling and Spiritus “bank robber” with 3 20’s in the outer pocket. it’s a cool little package.
    I found a NOS one of these in a less tactical color. The Think Tank is truly minimum size, the folded Rattler with ROMEO4T on a Reptilia mount is almost an interference fit with additional mags in the outside pouch. As a bonus my Scorpion SBR fits, too.
    Ken

Picked this Osprey up a while ago, posted about it (without pictures) in the EDC section. Thought I'd share here. The Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) coated fabric makes it pretty waterproof, and has the added effect of making the fabric a bit more firm, which aids in concealment in that nothing really seems to poke out noticeably when the rattler is zipped up. The light gray interior makes things easy to see. It comfortably carries the rattler, 1 loaded (20rd) 2 loaded (30 rd) and MS Sordins.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product...LDF21_202.html

Name:  Rattler Bag.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  42.7 KB

User Tag List