Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I have a Mod1-C and am on “notify” for the adapter, but my original brace isn’t too bad, so I’m happy with it for the moment.
    Yeah, I didn’t mind the factory brace at all. I think it’s totally adequate for a bag gun carried a lot (protected in a bag) and shot a little but my gut says the MOD 1 C would hold up better to a heavier firing schedule. I’m going to do a class with it this year so hopefully I can test the theory.

Anymore reviews or thoughts on the anvl UKON?

Name:  9EACED28-974C-4E6B-8D5E-8092D99A8B08.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  57.7 KB

I can’t believe how short this thing is. Even with the LARPERATOR can (‘inert training aid’). Compare the length to an 18.5” 870. And I knew I liked the pull length of the stock brace, compare it to the SGA on the 870 which is set to the minimum length. The whole thing is about perfect for me.

You people can claim another victim—I pulled the trigger on a Rattler tonight

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Is everyone who is equipping their Rattler with a sling using a two-point sling? The gun looks so small to me that I imagine a two-point sling being pretty cramped with how short the handguard is. I was thinking that a single point sling might be effective with the Rattler and similarly configured PDW firearms.

I tend to mount my sling points as far apart as possible so the rear is normally at the rear of the stock and the front is normally at the front of the handguard. I know a lot of people mount the rear at the rear of the receiver and the front at the rear of the handguard. I don’t have much experience with that, hence the question.
    Like @Norville, I am running the MI handguard (which is a tad longer than the standard Rattler handguard), but it lacks a QD mount. I put my QD on the upper slot all the way forward, figuring it would make a handy place to put my thumb like a handstop when shooting without the fake can on it. I was right, it falls naturally with my index and keeps my hand well back from the muzzle, even when it is bare threads. With a muzzle device attached, it should work out very nice.

This also gives me more length for the sling vs. the standard Rattler handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

This thread gives me The Wants.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Anymore reviews or thoughts on the anvl UKON?
    I've been running a RMR UKON.

I like that it keeps things compact and slick which makes bagging the Rattler much easier.

It is low so you have to turtle up, but it gets the job done.

Just got a new Rattler in 300 Blk. I have a Surefire M600DF on the way (considered the M300 but heard that the extra length wouldn’t matter on the Rattler).

What’s the best mount for Scout lights? Looking at the LaRue Tactical picatinny Offset as I’ve heard m-lok mounts don’t work on the Rattler (interference under the handguard), yet I’ve seen many with just that. What’s the word?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I can’t believe how short this thing is...The whole thing is about perfect for me.
    That was my first thought exactly. Once you have the opportunity to shoot it a bit, I think you will be surprised at how mild the blast and recoil are as well. When you combine the size+ballistics+blast/recoil it really is the most capable “bag gun” from the factory available. It’s a very niche item, but if you have a requirement for a highly concealable yet extremely capable gun it’s nearly revolutionary. Rarely do I shell out for a high end hardware item that proves worth every penny.

My only question at this point is long term durability. I’ve been hoarding enough ammo for classes so I hope to have some answers to that soon.

The MCX series does look to be built with an eye towards long term durability. I need to get to the range with my rattler more often.

I have been meaning to pick up another normal MCX after selling mine but with Sig beginning to show off a new Gen with slimmer handguards, among some other changes, I will hold off. It is not like they are anywhere to be found anyway.

User Tag List