Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You can’t even let me have the honeymoon?

My sig brace doesn’t flop too much, so it’s acceptable, while I weigh various options. Though the Tailhook Mod C seems ideal.

Still, part of me thinks the Rattler would look fly as shit with the Triangle Brace from SB: https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/tf1913/
    No man, gotta keep up with all the Rattler nut huggers...

That triangle brace is pretty slick!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I would mount the QD on the other side like I do with most rifles.
    I tried that. At the moment I lack a forward mount point w the MI handguard. Have one in my cart at Brownells but need to push the order button. With just a single point on the off side it felt a little strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I tried that. At the moment I lack a forward mount point w the MI handguard. Have one in my cart at Brownells but need to push the order button. With just a single point on the off side it felt a little strange.
    My bad. I was thinking of a 2 point.

Is everyone who is equipping their Rattler with a sling using a two-point sling? The gun looks so small to me that I imagine a two-point sling being pretty cramped with how short the handguard is. I was thinking that a single point sling might be effective with the Rattler and similarly configured PDW firearms.

I tend to mount my sling points as far apart as possible so the rear is normally at the rear of the stock and the front is normally at the front of the handguard. I know a lot of people mount the rear at the rear of the receiver and the front at the rear of the handguard. I don’t have much experience with that, hence the question.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Is everyone who is equipping their Rattler with a sling using a two-point sling? The gun looks so small to me that I imagine a two-point sling being pretty cramped with how short the handguard is. I was thinking that a single point sling might be effective with the Rattler and similarly configured PDW firearms.

I tend to mount my sling points as far apart as possible so the rear is normally at the rear of the stock and the front is normally at the front of the handguard. I know a lot of people mount the rear at the rear of the receiver and the front at the rear of the handguard. I don’t have much experience with that, hence the question.

I personally prefer a single point sling on the rattler. For me a 2 point takes away some of the mobility the rattler gives in confined spaces such as the drivers compartment. I’ve been a 2 point sling guy on carbines for many years but the size of the rattler, like my zenith Mp5k clone, works better with the rattler. When I did try a 2 point for a long training day, I did not have any problems using the provided sling attachment points but I’m not a large guy so YMMV. I just think the single point (adjustable) is more versatile for such a tiny gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have a stock Rattler brace modified with the adapter and mod1c tailhook, I found I strongly prefer the SB Tactical FS1913 on the rattler. If I can ever find the time, or stop being lazy, I'll get around to listing in the FSOT section (or more likely the SS only FSOT section).
    Does the MOD1C not fold flat against the Rattler like the factory one does? That was my gripe about the TH on the APC9.

Interesting. I hadn’t seen anything about the SB FS1913. How much further does it extend than the stock mount+TailHook combo?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by nope View Post
    1.25"
    Thanks. Something else to think about for when I get my Rattler one day.

I have caved and joined the rattler club.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You can’t even let me have the honeymoon?

My sig brace doesn’t flop too much, so it’s acceptable, while I weigh various options. Though the Tailhook Mod C seems ideal.

Still, part of me thinks the Rattler would look fly as shit with the Triangle Brace from SB: https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/tf1913/
    I have a Mod1-C and am on “notify” for the adapter, but my original brace isn’t too bad, so I’m happy with it for the moment.

User Tag List