Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, one could use low sights, and/or a low-mount optic, and use that brace, as, well, just a brace.

Just tossing that out there.

As I tried to make my DDM4 V7P fit into such things as tripod bags, it occurred to me that low-mount sights would surely simplify things. (My wife and I are serious photographers, and we have found that a tripod bag raises few eyebrows, when one has a pro-level camera/lens slung.)
    Don't make sense Rex.

Actually, I've got such a short neck and I'm a short guy, it isn't a problem for me to even get low on an AR anyways. It's not like the thing has massive recoil behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    It seems like everyone's setting their Rattler up in a minimalist fashion, but I'm thinking of going the other direction and making it as fully capable in as small a package as possible:

- SBRed with Sig Minimalist Plus stock (AFAIK you can carry a loaded rifle in VA with a CHP, and the state I travel to most is CA, so it's not going there)
    - Eotech EXPS 3-0 w/ Unity Tactical FAST riser (I haven't shot with it yet, but the heads up method of shooting does feel more comfortable and provide more situational awareness, at least from running through my house)
    - Modlite PLH 18350 (all the lumens, but in a smaller package than my 18650)
    - Unity Tactical MLOK Hot Button (small footprint allows me to adjust placement independent of how far forward or back the light is on the tiny rail)
    - Radian Raptor ambi safety set to 45 degree throw
    - maybe a VFG with hand stop
    - carried with 20 rd Lancer, 30s for reloads
    - BRT Covert Comp since I don't think I'll suppress it to maintain portability, but if I do:
    - Griffin Armament Taper Mount Minimalist Brake w/ Dead Air Nomad, Blast Shield when the can is off
    - Timbuk2 left handed messenger bag for carry (I recently tried one and was impressed, but want it left handed to keep from hitting my pistol carried at 330. If you carry them as shown on their site, they hug your body well, and they are as un-tactical as a Jansport backpack. Vertx is getting too recognizable nowadays)

Is anyone else going a similar route? Thoughts? As was mentioned somewhere in the PDW thread, this is possibly the most ideal use for a civilian long arm. For me it would be like my RMRed G26 to an RMRed G45 at home, and less like my G42.
    I'm going the minimalist route. This is a dedicated bag gun, I dont need it to do all things, I need it to perform within a small envelope (50m and in) and conceal really well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm experimenting with several different combinations of accessories, and have most of what you listed either in my possession or enroute. Really interested to see how the T2 runs in the Unity Tactical FAST mount which would allow me vestigial irons.

On the SBR/AOW note, the Rattler shines with the modular VFG from A3 tactical.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.co...rated-handstop

Got the Geissele MCX charging handle and I like it so far.

Waiting for a Surefire XVL2 to show up soon.
    I'm glad to see some validation to this train of thought, and that maybe this time I'm not just LARPing harder than usual . I was tempted to grab an XVL2 last month when a 40% off code for Surefire accidentally spilled out. Ever since I got into night vision and saw how much of a force multiplier it is after a good optic/light combo, I want as many of my firearms able to utilize this capability. However, since I see NV in more of a defensive role for civilians (think post Katrina armed neighborhood watch), the Rattler would more likely be used in a reactionary role where I wouldn't be toting my helmet. I do want to look into an IR illuminator/laser for it, but that's last on the list, though my MAWL did fit into the package nicely. I can't wait to hear your feedback on the XVL2.

How do you like that A3 Tactical foregrip? I had one in my cart and was about to check out last night, but then I saw they don't have the M LOK lugs as part of the base, so it slides around a bit. I just feel iffy about that on something that's supposed to keep my hand away from the muzzle on such a short weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post

How do you like that A3 Tactical foregrip? I had one in my cart and was about to check out last night, but then I saw they don't have the M LOK lugs as part of the base, so it slides around a bit. I just feel iffy about that on something that's supposed to keep my hand away from the muzzle on such a short weapon.

It's rock solid dude. That thing isn't moving.

Forgot that I upgraded the trigger to a Giselle. That is a rock solid modification. Stock trigger is Meh.

Liking some of the other mods I'm seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    Not enough pictures.

Bow to your sensei.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Current bag is the slick Goruck GR1 21L with a Ruck Customs polymer panel that's covered in velcro and MALICE clipped into the bag. Blue Force Gear DAP accessories allow me to keep the gun where I want and mount other things to the panel. Right now the bag is loaded with The Rattler, a BFG 221 sling, 3 30 round Lancers, 2 20 round Lancers plus the one in the gun which gives me a load out of 150 rounds. A SOFTT Wide sits in the corner and in the laptop compartment is the Angel Armor plate. All in a bag 18" tall, with no MOLLE that looks like a cheap Jansport.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Current bag is the slick Goruck GR1 21L with a Ruck Customs polymer panel that's covered in velcro and MALICE clipped into the bag. Blue Force Gear DAP accessories allow me to keep the gun where I want and mount other things to the panel. Right now the bag is loaded with The Rattler, a BFG 221 sling, 3 30 round Lancers, 2 20 round Lancers plus the one in the gun which gives me a load out of 150 rounds. A SOFTT Wide sits in the corner and in the laptop compartment is the Angel Armor plate. All in a bag 18" tall, with no MOLLE that looks like a cheap Jansport.
    I think this picture epitomizes what is so appealing about the PDW concept, and this set up in particular. It’s a ridiculous amount of capability in such a small discrete package. It’s hard not to make the kid in you smile!

Bow to your sensei.
    Is that the Unity FAST?

Also, that whole setup is slicker than dog shit on a wet lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Is that the Unity FAST?

Also, that whole setup is slicker than dog shit on a wet lawn.
    Nah that's a Larue LT660HK mount with Troy Micro BUIS front and rear. My Unity care package hasn't made it here yet.

User Tag List