Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

I ended trying an offset optic on the Rattler. It still fits in the small Arcteryx courier bag, and the offset optic offers some advantages for quasi cheek weld positions. Will get both optics zeroed and do some shooting to learn more.

Name:  IMG_7481.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  88.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I know their T2 mount came up somewhere, maybe in the previous hundreds of posts in this thread or the PDW mega thread. Were some negative posts on other forums, so when I was traveling to Manchester, NH I called to make an appointment to visit. I was told they do not receive customers. That’s okay by me, I won’t be a customer then…

From their site:
    Huh. I stopped by several times when I lived locally.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I zeroed the new Rattler LT at 50 yards with the Acro P2, and Barnes 110 Vortx ammo. It was shooting groups at 50 yards like this, just monopoding off a 30 round magazine.

Name:  IMG_7505.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  45.4 KB

I was using an Eotech 3x magnifier to help with zeroing, and it worked awesome with the P2. I liked the Acro better than an AEMS or EXPS I had on different carbines, also using the magnifier. I was able to hit steel to 300 yards with this combo.

Name:  IMG_7504.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  83.7 KB

I mounted a Holosun 507C in an offset mount, in lieu of BUIS. I decided to also zero it at 50, and shoot it some to see how I liked it. I decided to zero and shoot it using the circle only. This is how it shot at 50, using just the circle.

Name:  IMG_7506.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  45.2 KB

With both optics zeroed, I did some faster shooting using the Acro and offset Holosun. As expected, the Acro worked well, but the surprise was how well the offset Holosun shot. You can roll the Rattler over, in a semi cheekweld method, and go to town with the gun very tucked into your body. If you don't have an offset dot on your Rattler, you should try one!

The new Rattler LT was reliable for the 100 rounds or so I shot, and very satisfying to shoot. The magnifier was enough of an advantage at distance, that I think I will tuck one into my Arcteryx courier bag with the rest of what my wife calls the party pack.

@GJM,

Have you considered zeroing the offset dot for use with subsonic rounds while maintaining the main red dot for supers?

v/r

Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    @GJM,

Have you considered zeroing the offset dot for use with subsonic rounds while maintaining the main red dot for supers?

v/r
    Interesting idea. I don't plan to shoot anything other than supersonic loads in this Rattler. I did consider zeroing the Acro at 50 and the offset at 25, but decided to go 50 so I wouldn't have to remember different holdovers closer.

User Tag List