Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Cool, thanks. I may reach out to DA just in case to see if shims are recommended for the FH. How do they work with the muzzle device’s taper?
    What LL said. The shims are just to line up the slot on the brake at 12:00 (when it's fully torqued on), so that you can visually make sure you align the KeyMicro Adapter (already installed on the Wolfman) correctly on the brake.

Line 'em up, twist the Wolfman until it's snug, and you're good to go.

Aside: I keep meaning to call DA to ask about how tight the suppressor should be when installed. Early on, I tightened it pretty well, hand tight, and found it tough to get off - - - the brake and the adapter were stuck. Got 'em apart, and subsequently, I tightened it just enough to remove any wobble, and it worked fine, stayed on, and came off easily. Don't know if the latter (just snug enough to remove any wiggle) is DA's recommendation or not. Works for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I pulled my Rattler’s FH today to install a Dead Air DA-120 KeyMicro flash hider preparatory to picking up a Wolfman. I was worried there would be Rocksett out the wazoo, but both the Rattler and the 9” MCX upper gave up their factory muzzle devices easily.

Are people Rocksetting their QD muzzle devices? I’m thinking not to allow for muzzle cleaning, that the SIG taper should help in keeping things tight so long as I occasionally check.
    interested to hear how blasty the rattler is with that flash hider

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    interested to hear how blasty the rattler is with that flash hider
    I can’t imagine much different than stock. It’s a little smaller, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Trying the collapsable stock on for size. I want to see how it is under recoil.

Name:  F6FA324F-720D-4EE5-954A-DF0F3E8FBD0E.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  96.0 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

think there will be a Rattler-equivalent SPEAR? Looks like the shortest barrel for now in the SPEAR is 9in? no 5.5in yet.

https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-spear-lt.html

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    think there will be a Rattler-equivalent SPEAR? Looks like the shortest barrel for now in the SPEAR is 9in? no 5.5in yet.

I might be biased, because I actually use my swappable handguards, but I think SIG getting rid of the swappable handguards is a mistake. I know these are 'swappable', but not like the current MCX is.

I know the 5 guys with NODs and IR lasers attached to their handguards got mad about shifting zeroes on their lasers. But they should just quit being #POOR and buy a Wilcox BOSS-E with the IR laser integrated into the optic.

I kinda like the new buttstock design.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Like this:

Sum dealer dood had a 5.56 Rattler on his table at yesterday’s gun show… for $2950. Cash.

I know we have a Fentanyl crisis here, but really?
    Ken

Nagel’s Guns, in SATX, has real-world pricing, on SIG Rattlers, below MSRP. This is as of October the Tooth, 2022.

https://nagelsguns.net/?orderby=inst...t_type=product

I am within long day-trip distance, if only I could convince myself that I really need a Rattler bad enough to do some painful trading, of things I have on-hand.

Edited to add: @HeavyDuty
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-02-2022 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Rattler & Virtus In-Stock @ TX
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List