Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Name:  25D88FA4-F3C1-4769-A920-0CA5B15FE0E1.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  88.5 KB

Finally hit the “Fuck it” button and transitioned back to an all Sig line up after trying to like Glock.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Capitol Armory is having a silencer shoot and open house in a few weeks, and I’d like to use it to finalize what I want in a can. This will be my only suppressor for the foreseeable future.

I’ve pretty much decided on a Wolfman because it’s rated for any barrel length and will work on the Rattler plus my extra 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56 MCX uppers, my 9mm MPXes and Scorpion, and also my 7.5” .300 and 7.5” and 11.5” AR uppers. There really isn’t anything I’d want to suppress that one won’t work on.

I’ve invested in KeyMicro and KeyMo muzzle devices on almost all of these, only the MPXes don’t have them because I’m waiting for DA to offer a SIG taper M13.5-1LH FH. Only recently did I learn that I can put a KeyMo adapter on many different supressors, so I’m trying to keep an open mind. YHM comes to mind but none of their .30 cal supressors is rated for the Rattler 5.5” barrel.

Decisions, decisions…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Capitol Armory is having a silencer shoot and open house in a few weeks, and I’d like to use it to finalize what I want in a can. This will be my only suppressor for the foreseeable future.

I’ve pretty much decided on a Wolfman because it’s rated for any barrel length and will work on the Rattler plus my extra 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56 MCX uppers, my 9mm MPXes and Scorpion, and also my 7.5” .300 and 7.5” and 11.5” AR uppers. There really isn’t anything I’d want to suppress that one won’t work on.

I’ve invested in KeyMicro and KeyMo muzzle devices on almost all of these, only the MPXes don’t have them because I’m waiting for DA to offer a SIG taper M13.5-1LH FH. Only recently did I learn that I can put a KeyMo adapter on many different supressors, so I’m trying to keep an open mind. YHM comes to mind but none of their .30 cal supressors is rated for the Rattler 5.5” barrel.

Decisions, decisions…
    Remember- The RSAR has a different barrel and gas system from the standard Rattler.

The requirement the standard Rattler was made for did not include being suppressed.

Has DA said anything about making a SIG Taper FH ?

PS- one can for everything, lol - that is how it always starts…

From the video

Name:  59F376B8-F303-4B7D-A780-966C62A4C19A.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  55.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Remember- The RSAR has a different barrel and gas system from the standard Rattler.

The requirement the standard Rattler was made for did not include being suppressed.

Dead air has a key micro FH with the sig taper, I bought one in December and my can would not attach to it, I sent them a video and they said it was defective and needed to be replaced, they still haven't restocked them on their website

I’d like the ability of running the Rattler suppressed, but to be honest the 9mms will get it more. DA has been saying they will offer the taper for MPX, they already have them for the MCX and tapered AR barrels. One can for the foreseeable future - not forever.

I need to put the spare HG on my MPX-K to see how much clearance I have. I could see a dedicated silencer for that as a possible second.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Decisions, decisions…
    I went to last year's and probably will attend this year as well. It's a pretty cool set up but you only get to shoot three rounds per weapon/suppressor before going back to the end of the line. Lots of time will be spent standing in line but there are also booths set up to look at different wares and swag to hand out... and I think you could even make purchases IIRC. There were food trucks out there, its quite the event, but the lines can get long as the day goes on. Its a great opportunity to shoot many different cans on every set up you can imagine and may give you new ideas and wants lol.

This lol. My buddy that got me into suppressors tried to sell me on that idea but I knew it wasn't going to work, Its a nice concept, but I prefer the idea of dedicated cans and setups versus changing out parts and rezeroes. Props to those who enjoy it that way, but it wasn't for me.

Well, crap. Y’all got me reading, and now I’m questioning what I want to do. This is drift, but I wonder if I should get a dedicated direct thread can for the MPX-K and only use a Wolfman for the .300 and 5.56 stuff.

And it was such a *nice* plan…

I’m looking at the CA thing more for information gathering than shooting. Maybe if I’m lucky there will be a deal on what I want.
    Ken

User Tag List