Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    I would agree that leverage is good, and im not saying you should wail away, but I do find that the vibration/shock caused by the impact can really aid in breaking it free. The other key is the work piece does not move!
    I have heard, and even subscribed, to that theory myself as a self-confessed former whacker. I have subsequently found it not to be true, and to be a validation for the whacking, which *may* actually resolve issues when the vice and bench are nowhere near as stout as the whacker would like to think.

In other words, whacking may be necessary with an improper vice/bench setup, and in fact *may* overcome that shortcoming, but with a stout bench and vice the leverage wins every time. As does, by the way, setting up the upper in the correct orientation to take advantage of pulling into the bench instead of lifting the bench.

IME and all that jazz.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I just want to be clear that im only continuing the conversation in the interest of information exchange, thus it is not argumentitive. So my bench isnt a bench, its a 3700lb bridgeport. The vice is a six inch Kurt. I have had heavy tork on the item im trying to remove and have had someone smack the breaker bar causing it to release. I have seen the same thing with pistol sights when someone brings me a slide and a mangled sight pusher that couldnt budge it but a solid hit with no movement of the work piece and I got the sight out fairly easily. Just sharing my experience. Id start with tork but have a little hamer near by

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Got a chance to run the rattler some more. It does seem to be “breaking in” but I think lancer 300 blk mags are working better than the regular magpul 556 pmags though.
    Is this difference for sub, super or both? I just received, but haven't tried, some of the Lancer 300 elk mags and could have sworn that the company suggested they were designed for subs. I've loaded all of my new ones with subs and stuck with regular mags for supers.
    Stop the Bleed - get educated on training for bleeding trauma.
    https://www.stopthebleed.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
    Is this difference for sub, super or both? I just received, but haven't tried, some of the Lancer 300 elk mags and could have sworn that the company suggested they were designed for subs. I've loaded all of my new ones with subs and stuck with regular mags for supers.
    Mostly supers. It looks like the 300 blk specific mags have more leeway with bullet type.

I don’t know if this came up, but do the Hornady and Nosler 110gr loads spin apart in the Rattler with the 1/5” twist?

Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    I don’t know if this came up, but do the Hornady and Nosler 110gr loads spin apart in the Rattler with the 1/5” twist?
    Not in my N of 1 and I’ve shot it suppressed (slow fire and only 1 mag) with no issues.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    110 Hornady work fine for me primarily as practice ammo. Similar POI as 110 Barnes.

What are you all looking at for suppressors for the Rattler? I just moved to a state where suppressors are legal, and the options out there are pretty overwhelming. It's hard to tell which info sources are actually trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    What are you all looking at for suppressors for the Rattler? I just moved to a state where suppressors are legal, and the options out there are pretty overwhelming. It's hard to tell which info sources are actually trustworthy.
    The best source for information right now is https://pewscience.com/.

He's a legit engineer and he has had approval/support from most of the big manufacturers. Pretty much anyone running sound tests on youtube are about as accurate as MAC shooting watermelons for ballistic testing. There's so much more that goes into it. A single peak decibel number is not an accurate representation of what makes a can hearing safe.

Manufacturers who put out numbers most likely are not using proper equipment or are cherry picking results. It seems backwards but it's a good sign when a manufacturer isn't publicly posting results.

Most of his testing right now is on .308 bolt guns but he has just started testing on 300 blk so expect to start seeing some more relevate data soon.

Personally, I have a Q Thunder Chicken in jail right now. However, my requirements may be different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    The best source for information right now is https://pewscience.com/
    However, my requirements may be different than yours.
    Thanks for the link.
    The requirements are the tricky part. I'm torn between conflicting desires to keep the shortness and lightness of the rattler and making it nice and quiet with subs for fun at the range.
    I really need to get some experience with suppressors on rifles. All of my suppressor experience is on subguns and rimfires.

User Tag List