Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    New bag! Vertx Transit Sling 2.0 in a nice brick red color is VERY NICE! Smaller than even the GR1 21L. Take a gander!
    @SouthNarc: Lead us not into temptation!

It's not like I don't have a couple of closets full of day packs, fanny packs (and let's not even try counting holsters). I have the GR1 21L, and like it in general. But for my typical uses - - - to and from car & work, rarely long distance travel, etc - - - a sling that carries just the Rattler, an extra mag or two, light, first aid, etc., is "feeling" more suitable. And certainly one that, color-wise, leans to the "happy" side as opposed to the "tactical" side would be better.

Resist . . . resist . . .

I've lost the specific post, but buried back there somewhere is a reference to muzzle blast. I believe GJM mentioned he believed the muzzle blast of the Rattler was similar to a 16" 5.56. Can I assume that was with supersonic cartridges and that the subsonic ones would be considerable less?

I'll be going back through it post by post, as there were references to replacement parts I didn't understand and will have to research. For me, though, muzzle blast is the entering argument - it needs to be less noisy than a 5.56 out of a 16" barrel or I'll have to find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I've lost the specific post, but buried back there somewhere is a reference to muzzle blast. I believe GJM mentioned he believed the muzzle blast of the Rattler was similar to a 16" 5.56. Can I assume that was with supersonic cartridges and that the subsonic ones would be considerable less?

I'll be going back through it post by post, as there were references to replacement parts I didn't understand and will have to research. For me, though, muzzle blast is the entering argument - it needs to be less noisy than a 5.56 out of a 16" barrel or I'll have to find something else.
    You can search within the thread (upper right corner of below screen capture)...

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 8.24.44 PM.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  32.6 KB

Using that search tool, I found the following post by EPF making the comparison you mentioned. Nothing from GJM.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....st#post1076917

ETA: FWIW... While I don't have a Rattler, the blast from my 7" DD PDW 300blk with Q Cherry Bomb is pretty comparable (if not a bit less) than my 16" Noveske 5.56 with same muzzle device.
    Last edited by StraitR; 11-09-2020 at 08:38 PM.

I've never been beside someone shooting a Rattler at the range, but I have shot my Rattler next to (and several positions further removed) people shooting a 16" 5.56mm. I didn't sense that the Rattler, with "range quality" supersonic, was particularly more noisy compared to the 5.56 beside me. But, then, behind is not beside (even with a thick partition between lanes). The 5.56 just feels/sounds more concussive.

As for the .300BLK, the subsonic rounds are much less "noticeable" than the supers. Add a can, and the supers are pretty quiet, and the subs are getting close to "TV movie suppressor" quiet.

As I recall has been mentioned several times, the .300 BLK is probably the better choice for tighter spaces and shorter barrels

(Qualitative observations using S&B 147g advertised at 1890fps from a 10" bbl, and S&B 200g at 960fps from the same bbl length.).

Plenty of variables in above (particularly in my qualitative observations) to result in other, differing impressions.

Here it is - "concussion," not "blast..."
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In terms of concussion, the APC9 Pro is like shooting your service pistol with 147 grain ammo and the Rattler in .300 is like shooting your 5.56 16 inch AR.
    This may not have been the straight comparison I remembered, though - maybe a metaphor. I did mention I didn't follow all the references, but I will the next time through.

Thanks, @flyrodr: "The 5.56 just feels/sounds more concussive" than the 300 BLK supersonics, and the subsonics are even less so, if I followed your comment right.

I find myself hesitating to shoot concussive rounds in an attempt to save what's left of my hearing.

I find myself hesitating to shoot concussive rounds in an attempt to save what's left of my hearing.
    Eh? Say what? As you should, and I can relate.

And thanks for refreshing my memory of GJM's post. Can't disagree at all. Just that perspective (position, relative to muzzle, i.e., beside vs. behind, and distance, make a huge difference.

Any shooting now, it's always with the combination of plugs and muffs.

Supporting Business
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    GTFOH with that sense.

This thread is about crushing poors and expensive bags.

Here is my favorite EDC bag from DEFY. Made here in ChIraq of bomb-proof waxed canvas with Chicago-made Horween leather accents. Because America, FUCK YEA!

And by the measurements of my scientifically accurate measuring tape, the Rattler will fit right in.

Attachment 54259
    You had me at expensive bags! I've got a serious discount for anyone who will buy a Bureau SBR Case and take pictures of their Rattler in it and let me know how she fits. My buddy has been wanting a Rattler something fierce but he hasn't bought one yet, so I haven't been able to see how/if it fits.

Savagemic,

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by savagemic View Post
    You had me at expensive bags! I've got a serious discount for anyone who will buy a Bureau SBR Case and take pictures of their Rattler in it and let me know how she fits. My buddy has been wanting a Rattler something fierce but he hasn't bought one yet, so I haven't been able to see how/if it fits.
    Did anyone do this yet?
    #RESIST

the GarandThumb channel did a video just having fun with a CoD themed rattler.

The main takeaway that I have not seen in previous material: it's possible to buy a forward assist part and put it on the Rattler upper, if that's an issue for you.

User Tag List