Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    An interesting option in the camera bag range… that thing would disappear in a lot of places.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBtCoPPn3t1/
    I continue to be impressed with this tiny camera bag. It’s sort of a niche use case as their probably aren’t many times you couldn’t use a slightly larger bag and have more in it. The bag is tiny. Basically the exact outline of the folded gun. It perfectly fits the gun in the main pocket and a single point sling and Spiritus “bank robber” with 3 20’s in the outer pocket. it’s a cool little package.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I continue to be impressed with this tiny camera bag. It’s sort of a niche use case as their probably aren’t many times you couldn’t use a slightly larger bag and have more in it. The bag is tiny. Basically the exact outline of the folded gun. It perfectly fits the gun in the main pocket and a single point sling and Spiritus “bank robber” with 3 20’s in the outer pocket. it’s a cool little package.
    Damn, I like that. Think Tank makes great stuff, I have a few of their smaller bags for cameras.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Finally got the Rattler to the range to test fire and get roughly sighted in. It’s in the 20s and I’m on the tail end of a cold, so I got out of there after 40 rounds. No functional issues at all, as I would expect with so few rounds fired.

I need to read back through the thread to see at what distance people are sighting these. I’m thinking 25 yards might be appropriate given the short barrel and application. The Romeo4T in UKON ANVL worked well as a mount, but I didn’t try sighting in the front post so the BUIS aspect is still TBD. I’m wondering if I could find a front sight to put at the end of the rail if it would be more conventionally useable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Given the price and availability of 300 ammo the only reason I would want and 11 five upper is to make effective use of cheaper and more available 556 ammo.
    Reloading would solve this.
    #RESIST

Training analog

Cheap training analog

Name:  C3F2C700-51C4-451A-8858-9CB8C8C8FCBE.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  439DB50F-70D1-4E45-B166-53A5412C0E92.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  72.5 KB

I was at the SIG Academy Pro Shop tonight and asked about putting a 11.5” Virtus complete upper on the Rattler lower as a way of getting a twofer. They said the official line is that all of the Virtus uppers are incompatible with the Rattler lower, but that I should reach out to customer service to confirm.

From reading it looks like you can’t mix and match barrels between the two lines, but I can’t find anything conclusive about complete uppers.

Has anyone here tried a Virtus upper on their Rattler lower?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was at the SIG Academy Pro Shop tonight and asked about putting a 11.5” Virtus complete upper on the Rattler lower as a way of getting a twofer. They said the official line is that all of the Virtus uppers are incompatible with the Rattler lower, but that I should reach out to customer service to confirm.

From reading it looks like you can’t mix and match barrels between the two lines, but I can’t find anything conclusive about complete uppers.

Has anyone here tried a Virtus upper on their Rattler lower?
    The lowers are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I haven't seen anything about it other than a TFB TV YouTube video, but Sig is developing the Raptor, a sort of mega-Rattler in 308.

https://youtu.be/p6iy1TSolGQ
    Ow.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The lowers are identical.
    Not to sound like a dick, but that’s confirmed by trying and shooting? I fully expect you are correct.

Were there any changes that may have affected this? I’ve heard about different generations for Virtus.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 01-25-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not to sound like a dick, but that’s confirmed by trying and shooting? I fully expect you are correct.
    He's correct. The only differences between a Virtus and a Rattler are in the upper.

User Tag List