Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No reason needed

Site Supporter

No reason needed

Neither your understanding nor your consent are needed for someone to change your life drastically, or end it. Be prepared.

https://news.yahoo.com/police-man-at...131756541.html

Site Supporter
    To steal a quote/saying from John Farnam: "when it's least expected, you're selected!"
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Also, like Pat Rogers used to say, "The enemy gets to vote on your plan". That includes you not having one, "I'm not looking for trouble", etc.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    No Reason Needed

Or at least no rational, comprehensible reason.

For many years as a physician, I've been convinced of and impressed by the steady increase in sociopathy, both of the violent and "white collar" sorts.

Remaining consistently aware (being in "Condition Yellow") is appropriate pretty much whenever we're away from home.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post

Or at least no rational, comprehensible reason.

For many years as a physician, I've been convinced of and impressed by the steady increase in sociopathy, both of the violent and "white collar" sorts.

Remaining consistently aware (being in "Condition Yellow") is appropriate pretty much whenever we're away from home.
    I think that the percentage of sociopaths in society hasn’t really increased, but there are more around because of the growth in overall population numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I think that the percentage of sociopaths in society hasn’t really increased, but there are more around because of the growth in overall population numbers.
    My observation is that the fractional increase in sociopathy far outstrips the overall increase in population.
    I'm not interested in arguing about it.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    My observation is that the fractional increase in sociopathy far outstrips the overall increase in population.
    Unfortunately, I completely agree with your assessment. There is an amazing amount of evil out there these days.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I've heard Nashville is economically the hardest-hit decent-sized city in the country. This dude was apparently homeless since at least February.

Arguing about the prevalence of "sociopaths" or however you're diagnosing some random asshole is fairly useless. Ditto for talking about "evil". It's not about your relative rate of machete killings--outside of Memphis and other shitstorms. The lesson is that your safety is not guaranteed by anyone but yourself, no matter how nice your town is, or how low your statistical risk is.

I concur. Not all are violent street criminals, indeed.

User Tag List