Thread: Cannot unsubscribe from a thread

Cannot unsubscribe from a thread

I cannot unsubscribe from a thread by following the link at the bottom of the email notification.

Using my iPhone, following that link takes me to the main forum page. Logging in at that point works but shows me nothing about subscriptions.

Using my laptop, following that link yields one of two things. Sometimes the system continues to work until it times out. Sometimes it takes me to that tells me I've followed an invalid link. One or both of these also logs me out.

Little help, please.

I can't help you, but I can agree that there have recently been an abundance of threads that one would want to unsubscribe from.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I sincerely doubt that it's the forum software. Sounds like internet connection or browser issues. Try going to Settings, Subscriptions, check the box next to a thread you are unsubscribing from, and hit Delete Subscription. Also, please try another browser and let me know what device and internet connection type you are using.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.30.46 AM.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  72.6 KB
    #RESIST

Here's what I found:

First, when I go to Settings, it opens on some recent posts - two or three posts, depending upon my recent activity. Each of those individual posts have "unsubscribe" links, so that works.

Second, when I open Subscriptions from there, I can access the screen you showed and change subscriptions. (It's a little unwieldy to select a link using a "Notification" button, but it works, and I can unsubscribe from there.)

Finally, while these methods work, I'll have to ask you if they're relevant to my question, which was following an email notification unsubscribe link, which seems harder than it needs to be. Most email notification unsubscribe links allow unsubscribe to occur with just selecting that one link, though others do require a sign in first. If PF is set up for me to press email notification "unsubscribe," which then takes me to the PF forum index page, which then requires me to log in, then navigate to Settings/Subscriptions, then manually unsubscribe, then I'd have to say it's working. It doesn't seem to be as easy as it could be, though.

You said you're using your iPhone, so I assume some kind of Opera browser? Try logging out of P-F and clearing your cache/history/cookies, then log in and try again.

When I've seen wacky things on P-F, flushing out the browser usually helps.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List