Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ammo reliability criteria for home defense AR

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Exactly. An AR field stripped for cleaning isn't difficult to reassemble correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Well, the cotton swab stuck wasn't really what I was thinking of as incorrect assembly, but the bolt would be. Thanks.
    Neither is putting in the bolt backwards correct assembly, by definition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Smiles sweetly - yes, I am aware there isn’t, thank you.

I have watched part of the vid, and I note Pat lists some weapons he would and did keep clean. Work guns and carry pistols, if I was understanding him correctly. I don’t work with an AR, but seemingly the reasoning holds on a h.d. AR.

i’ve read the filthy 14 article - it was sent with my other BCM upper - and I’m glad to know how reliable a well made, well lubed AR can be.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Neither is putting in the bolt backwards correct assembly, by definition.
    Smiles sweetly - yes, I am aware of that, thank you. I specifically asked about INCORRECT assembly and he specifically answered about INCORRECT assembly.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Banned
    Hey great. My smile wasn’t directed at you, but thanks for the smile. Meanwhile, we’ve established that fucking up while cleaning (junk in the gas key) or reassembling incorrectly (bolt backwards) can cause a weapon not to function. Amazing. Are we now suggesting there’s no way to know if we’ve put the bolt in backwards? Cause I thought one could reference the ejector location as part of checking their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Hey great. My smile wasn’t directed at you, but thanks for the smile. Meanwhile, we’ve established that fucking up while cleaning (junk in the gas key) or reassembling incorrectly (bolt backwards) can cause a weapon not to function. Amazing. Are we now suggesting there’s no way to know if we’ve put the bolt in backwards? Cause I thought one could reference the ejector location as part of checking their work.
    At this point you've made your position abundantly clear. I don't really care to argue with you about it. However, I do thing the counter-point is valid and at least was worth stating (though now it has been and does not need to be beaten to death).

If you are confident in your procedures, roll on. For others (myself included) it's not the odds, but the stakes. Same reason we carry a pistol everywhere. I hold multiple armorer certs and have had a lot of guns in a lot of pieces and then back together and they worked. I'm not arrogant or foolish enough to thing I'm infallible though, and for a serious use gun for myself or anyone else, I always function-tested it with live ammo before I gave it back.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Banned
    No one who relies on their work to preserve their life is “arrogant” nor have I ever met anyone who ever spun a wrench on anything ever, including me, who thinks they can’t make a mistake. Far from it. That’s why we check things. If I were paid to work on guns I’m sure I’d test fire, with permission, same as i test drive a car when I can. Sometimes I can’t, and my life was at risk many of those times, with higher odds and as high stakes if a mistake had been made. I’m not an armorer, ranges are 40-45 minutes away, and there are legal concerns, therefore i make the decisions I make. My position is clear, and so is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Uncle Pat Rogers USMC and NYPD, was not a fan of overdoing maintenance. It grieves me that new AR owners won’t know him. Erin Smith and I both bawled when he died. Hopefully you’ll get something out of this video if you have the time.

LL,
    Bless you for posting this.
    Pat was a once in a lifetime guy.
    Shumba

User Tag List