Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nordic Components Beretta 1301 extension kit??

I just received my clamp today. Let me parrot what NikDrak said that there are no clearance issues with the standard non mossberg clamp from Nordic. The beretta specific clamp should allow you to mount one “foot” of the clamp under the front sight but this is not necessary. You can use the standard clamp and just move it back a bit. There is a raised lip on the KZ tube but you have plenty of room in front of it to clear it and the front sight base. Still waiting on my Nordic but this works fine in the mean time.

Low and behold my aridus Handguard came in today too. That was a bit of an annoyance to install. I had to disassemble my clamp that I had just put on, lol. The Ardus/Magpul/Zhukov Handguard requires a bit of force to install. A bit of snap here and some push/pull there and it goes on once you use the magazine nut to tighten everything together

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Low and behold my aridus Handguard came in today too. That was a bit of an annoyance to install. I had to disassemble my clamp that I had just put on, lol. The Ardus/Magpul/Zhukov Handguard requires a bit of force to install. A bit of snap here and some push/pull there and it goes on once you use the magazine nut to tighten everything together
    It gets easier once you figure out how to hold your tongue. And it's also why I dumped the clamp... I like to be able to break it down without needing tools, time, and then thread-locker again when I reassemble. Plus the m-lok slots meant I no longer needed the clamp to hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    I called territorial arms Friday to inquire about the 112 in stock. Had to leave a message and have not heard back. I'll try the Grab-A-Gun email notification and see if it pans out. Thanks to all.
    I saw that as well and was a bit skeptical. I was going to try and call them today.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    It gets easier once you figure out how to hold your tongue. And it's also why I dumped the clamp... I like to be able to break it down without needing tools, time, and then thread-locker again when I reassemble. Plus the m-lok slots meant I no longer needed the clamp to hold the light.
    I ditched my clamp pretty early on, too. It complicates the disassembly process and no matter how well you secure it, the thing is going move around and cause wear on the finish:

Name:  IMG_3286.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  23.5 KB

The clamp mounts the light too far forward for me. I greatly prefer the Streamlight 870 mount with either a conventional style light on it or a dedicated weapon light like the X300:

Name:  IMG_3287.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  24.2 KB
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    No clearance issues...
    Attachment 54149 Attachment 54150
    Is it just me, or is your front sight quite canted?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Nah, it's as crooked as James Comey.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Easy fix with a set of feeler gauges. Just put the right amount between the sight and the base and screw down. I even used my fingernail before and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I ditched my clamp pretty early on, too. It complicates the disassembly process and no matter how well you secure it, the thing is going move around and cause wear on the finish:

Name:  IMG_3286.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  23.5 KB

The clamp mounts the light too far forward for me. I greatly prefer the Streamlight 870 mount with either a conventional style light on it or a dedicated weapon light like the X300:

Name:  IMG_3287.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  24.2 KB
    Let me ask you a question about your light setup if you don’t mind. If you were shooting it as configured left handed how hard/awkward would it be to curl your right hand fingers around go activate the light (momentary or otherwise)? That setup looks clean and if hitting the light switch isn’t too awkward for a quick momentary it might work nicely for a lefty. Especially since I am using the Nordic clamp as a QD sling mount on the right side. That setup wouldn’t interfere with the sling

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Let me ask you a question about your light setup if you don’t mind. If you were shooting it as configured left handed how hard/awkward would it be to curl your right hand fingers around go activate the light (momentary or otherwise)? That setup looks clean and if hitting the light switch isn’t too awkward for a quick momentary it might work nicely for a lefty. Especially since I am using the Nordic clamp as a QD sling mount on the right side. That setup wouldn’t interfere with the sling
    It's pretty easy to hit it when I'm shouldering lefty.

Of course, you don't have to do it that way because the Streamlight mount will work at 3, 6, and 9:00. So you can set it however it works best for you.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List