Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Different Kind of Enabling

Maaaaan I want a 3" barrel. I'll have to hold out for one.

So I have one on the way. Plan is to get a 4" bull and cut it to 3 inches, then have a dovetail cut in to put xs big dot on.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    So I have one on the way. Plan is to get a 4" bull and cut it to 3 inches, then have a dovetail cut in to put xs big dot on.
    Thats a good idea. I just got a 2"er

So all I will need is the 4 inch barrel (that will be cut to 3) and the proper extractor rod correct? I'm not overly familiar with doing revolver modifications.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    So all I will need is the 4 inch barrel (that will be cut to 3) and the proper extractor rod correct? I'm not overly familiar with doing revolver modifications.
    You'd be better off with a gunsmith's services. Revolvers aren't Glocks...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    What Wayne said. These are from the crush-fit barrel era, and require a bit more knowledge than the pinned-barrel types. It's probably best to think of it as the basis for a custom revolver rather than as a cheap project.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a gunsmith that will be doing the work. I dont intend on doing it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    What Wayne said. These are from the crush-fit barrel era, and require a bit more knowledge than the pinned-barrel types. It's probably best to think of it as the basis for a custom revolver rather than as a cheap project.
    What barrels should I look into buying? Are there spsific mod 10 barrels that will work with these? Excuse my ignorance I just want to make shure I'm buying the correct components.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar Love View Post
    For someone who only has access to basic tools and occasionally struggles when assembling Ikea furniture, is a barrel something I can safely install myself?
    No. While it sounds like a cool project I would be out just under $300 with the frame, used barrel, FFL and shipping. Then I would need to find a qualified gunsmith to install the barrel or purchase the appropriate tools and take a big chance. There is no guarantee that the frame won't be warped due to an improper barrel removal so there is that as well. I just can't justify it when I passed on a excellent condition 1972 S&W Model 19 with original box just last week for $499

Numerichs had 2 barrels. One with a new one with 1/10" front sight and a used one with 1/8". I got the used one.

User Tag List