Thread: Almost got two I wanted for a long long time..

Almost got two I wanted for a long long time..

My friend's dad has a nice bunch of mostly S&W revolvers. His health has turned bad and it's time for his stuff to go, as he maybe might see the 4th of July, if he's very lucky. Years ago, like 12 or so, I shot his Model 625 3" 45 ACP customized revolver (a great action job, fluteless cylinder and some really neat looking birdseye maple grips) and I told him if/when he was going to sell it, give me first crack at it. So my friend calls me and tells me to come over and his dad and I can work out a deal on it. When I got there, my friend comes out from the back of the kitchen and has something behind his back. He doesn't look happy, and when he shows me the gun, it's obvious why. It's spent the last 12 years or so, IN THE CRAPPY JUNK LEATHER HOLSTER, and is just a total mess. His dad said, "I must have stuck it in the safe and forgot about it!".

It's a total wreck, eaten up so bad it's not even a shooter, the cylinder was welded to the holster, and one cylinder chamber is actually opened up. Oh well.

The second one was a 629 6", a gun I shot about 20 years ago. No holster damage, the gun looked great, and then I saw it. A crack! The recoil shield had a crack that went from the hand slot to the bottom of the frame where the sideplate attaches. I've never seen one cracked like that before. His dad swears the last time it was shot was when all three of us shot it back about 2000. Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

I already have better looking versions of his other guns, at least the ones I like. He had a couple of J frames that he sold off the next day.

I wanted that 625 so bad...

Dammit...this got me in the feels.

Rotten shame!

User Tag List