View Poll Results: Which concerns you more? The Virus or the reaction to the virus.

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • The COVID19 virus.

14 20.29%
  • The reaction to the virus.

55 79.71%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which concerns you more? The Virus or the reaction to the virus.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Not true.

I did a poor job of wording, but your statement is half wrong.

You are correct that I am happy. Not so much happy as pleasantly surprised.

Response meant- lock down, people accepting giving up liberties, economic issue and the like. Response was the wrong term to use.
    No, that's what you decided "response" meant. Not necessarily what any particular respondent meant. See multiple posts about why that's not necessarily the case. That's even ignoring who decided to vote and who decided not to based on the false dichotomy. Perhaps you didn't do it purposefully, but you absolutely worded it in the way most sympathetic to getting "your side" to be the majority answer.

Which are you more concerned about?

A) The life of your child.
    B) Your second amendment rights.

See any issues there? And both of those terms are pretty well defined.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    No, that's what you decided "response" meant. Not necessarily what any particular respondent meant. See multiple posts about why that's not necessarily the case. That's even ignoring who decided to vote and who decided not to based on the false dichotomy. Perhaps you didn't do it purposefully, but you absolutely worded it in the way most sympathetic to getting "your side" to be the majority answer.

Which are you more concerned about?

A) The life of your child.
    B) Your second amendment rights.

See any issues there? And both of those terms are pretty well defined.

You and I are going to go round and round with nothing gained.

Between the two? A. Though I don’t have kids.

I couldn't see a way to vote on this.

I think the aggregated non-medical consequences of this virus are going to be "worse".

Those consequences are more likely the result of 25 years worth of extremely bad decisions that were made before this virus existed.

The pre-actions are what's screwing us so badly. It's much less the reactions.

It's like trying to "react properly" once you are being beaten by gang members in an ally outside of a bar at 3am near Skid Row. Your COPD/heart disease is making it hard to draw a gun that you left at home because you didn't feel like you needed it today. Go ahead and react however you want. You're still in a lot of trouble.

I would vote pre-actions.

Stupidity. That's what concerns me the most.

The re-action, which is definitionally an effect, isn't my concern, it's the cause of that effect.

If people believe the cause is the virus, there is a clear misunderstanding of the effect.

The cause of the effect is stupidity. Ignorance on a monumental scale.

The reaction is simply a manifestation of this.

So, I vote for the third choice, "What concerns me the most is the lack of intelligence in millions of people."

"What concerns me the most is the lack of intelligence in millions of people."
    Concerns and effects me daily, although I am not sure if it is a general lack of intelligence vs. wide spread ignorance, narcissism, or woeful inexperience/Dunning-Krueger effect....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Lack of wisdom concerns me much more than ignorance does.

User Tag List