Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any wrist rocketeers here?

Any wrist rocketeers here?

We had a bird get into our shop/warehouse last week and keep trying to exit through the skylight. We used to have a BB gun for such occasions but corporate management decided that wasn’t appropriate...

Anyway, I started thinking a slingshot would be handy to run off the birds that get in. They get fixated on trying to get out through the skylights and I figure a couple of ball bearings hitting nearby might get them to look for someplace else to be.

I’m looking for suggestions and recommendations because Ive never gotten in to sling shots so I don’t know what to look for and what to avoid.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I had one in college in the 80s. I’ve been tempted to get a new one. I had one with a folding wrist brace. I seem to remember it was fun.

Expect pain, soon.And hilarity.

Site Supporter
    I grew up with them in the 70s. Neighborhood kids use to square off launching acorns at each other in a free for all. Hurt pretty bad when you go tagged. We were a hardier bunch back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I grew up with them in the 70s. Neighborhood kids use to square off launching acorns at each other in a free for all. Hurt pretty bad when you go tagged. We were a hardier bunch back then.
    Brings back some memories but I remember the wrist rockets changed the slingshot battle game. They were like a high powered rifle as compared to the Whan-o. Those same kids also had rock and BB gun battles. Good thing I never got involved in that crap!

When I was a kid, my cousin had a wrist rocket and one Sunday all the cousins were shooting firecrackers up into the cupola of my Grandpa's barn to chase off the pigeons.
    It was a hoot until my dad came out and chewed us up and down about burning down the barn. Lesson learned, but wrist rockets have remained very cool!

They’re only accurate at very close range. Will motivate a house cat to get out from under a parked car or abandon a tree with a quickness.

Fun, though.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Sounds vaguely familiar.

Oh, Lordy yes, this. In our neck of the woods, it was crab apples. A lot of my paper route money went to paying for a (very 70’s) custom van window; the kind that is both convex, and oddly shaped—due to my infantile wrist-rocket and marbles tomfoolery.

Time comes one Halloween when me and two middle-school buddies are out in our costumes, with our wrist rockets, generally causing 8th-grade/stand-by-me mayhem. Some of the muscle car/jock High school guys are driving around, egging houses, and they see us, and chase us to a water tower. Thing is, we then had the high ground, and there was a lovely crab apple tree at the top of the hill that had dropped nature’s fall bounty all over the access road by the water tower. High school guys get out of the ‘67 Mustang with the Cragars, traction bars, and fat-ass rear gumballs, and start throwing eggs at us. So we retaliated, with the crab apples and our folding wristies. There were some black-and-blue bruised mofos in junior english the next morning, or so we are given to understand.

So does the statute of limitations date from the, ah, incident(s), or when Law Enforcement becomes aware of the -alleged-crime?

Asking for a friend.

User Tag List