Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The PT-92 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    It shoots great, 30+ years of reliability, plenty of holsters, and the safety is in the right place. All it really gives up to a Beretta is finsh and a rougher DA trigger.
    How many rounds through it in 30 years? Take the money you want to spend on parts, and put it in your Beretta fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yes, you should replace the locking block. In fact, you should do yourself a favor and order one that comes with a Beretta 92 attached to it.
    There you have it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Unless you need a nice box, there is only one reason to purchase a Taurus.
    https://www.taurususa.com/company/team-taurus/
    That’s not a reason to buy a gun. Movie, picture book, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    How many rounds through it in 30 years? Take the money you want to spend on parts, and put it in your Beretta fund.

There you have it.
    This. Just go buy a Beretta 92 of whatever flavor you want and drive on. The PT-92 is not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yes, you should replace the locking block. In fact, you should do yourself a favor and order one that comes with a Beretta 92 attached to it.
    Post of the month!

I used to be a Beretta snob.

Then I started reading and learning.
    Take a look at the pistols being puked out of their new Tennessee plant.
    Then look at the Inox finish look alike on their alloy receivers.
    But hey, you probably believe what you have been sold.....and that is strictly the reputation of pistols long gone.
    Haters will hate...I can dig it.

I'm NOT a cheap ass who can not afford to buy a Beretta. I have several.
    My decision to buy a Taurus PT92 was an informed decision.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As I stated, this gun is at 3-5k rounds tops. It didn't much see shooting from the time I went off to college to when dad gave me custody in 2010 or so. It has maybe seen 500 rounds in the past ten years? 2FTEs, ever.

Magazines are pretty shot, tho. I don't think the ban era yellow follower low caps were worth much to begin with.

Mostly this line pf thinking has been inspired by the thought of popping a Langdon trigger bar in my px4, then wondering about one in the Taurus, then realizing the take-up and reset is shorter on my PT92 than my px4 with Beretta target trigger.

That led to me thinking: "why the hell should I keep dumping $$$ into my px 4 to try to equal my PT 92?"

My other question to myself: does any of this fretting about 'feel' translate to improved performance from me? And the answer is NO. I proved this to myself during two birthday parties of mine where a bunch of 9mm pistols were around. I pretty much shoot one TDA about as well as another. My skillset is not well developed enough to show the effect of small changes on pistols.

More than some lifetime commitment to going back to the PT92, this public declaration is more about completely embracing the fact that it's about me, not the gun, and other than durability (maybe 😘 ), my first pick at age 15 was a decent one.

If anyone wants to straight up trade a newish stock 92c for my garishly painted px4 w/ target sights and trigger, however, I will never mention it again.

(PT 92 is never getting sold as it has family history and it has depreciated in value anyway. According to an online calculator, $299.00 in 1988 =$651.56 in 2020 dollars. A new 9mm from one of the big boys hovered around 1k in today's dollars. Glock really changed the market. )
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

And my thinking above was affected heavily by finally absorbing more of the wisdom from Todd on P-T. Way overdue for me, obviously.

Although I sort of wish I didn't know "riding the reset" was a thing. And I am glad no one ever tried to make me shoot that way. Unlearning that would have sucked. It stikes me as the semi-auto equivalent of staging a DA trigger.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Student
    I don't have anything to trade you, but let's see pictures of that Px4 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I don't have anything to trade you, but let's see pictures of that Px4 anyway.
    I think it's in my "ghetto gun" thread somewhere. Gotta go get a new water heater.

Black ceracoting on the slide to cover up a bald spot, all (probably too close to simunition-) blue controls , barrel, and buttpads.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Ingramite View Post
    Then I started reading and learning.
    Take a look at the pistols being puked out of their new Tennessee plant.
    Then look at the Inox finish look alike on their alloy receivers.
    But hey, you probably believe what you have been sold.....and that is strictly the reputation of pistols long gone.
    Haters will hate...I can dig it.

I'm NOT a cheap ass who can not afford to buy a Beretta. I have several.
    My decision to buy a Taurus PT92 was an informed decision.
    Yeah...... I’ve got several TN Beretta pistols, Italian models, and MD models. My personal TN models are as good as the MD or Italian guns. Now, I guess if I wanted to I might (Might!) be able to find some minor cosmetic thing to complain about. However, what I really care about in a roughly $600 service pistol is two things:

1: Does it run reliably?
    2: Does it put the bullets where I aim them when I do my part?

The TN guns that I have do that every bit as well as the guns from the other two plants that I have. My experience is all the complaining about the TN guns that goes on in other forums is blown WAY out of proportion, especially for guns made from 2019 on.

User Tag List