Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Defensive Ammo Choice for Short Barrel 9mm (Glock 43/Sig P365)

Quote Originally Posted by Fsumach View Post
    A large federal agency that allows the Glock 43 as a personally owned weapon specifically recommends the Hornady Critical Duty 135+P for that firearm and notes it provides the best terminal ballistics available from the short barrel. If you have that on hand it may be worth considering that.
    I do, and in a Glock (26, 19, 17) it is what I load. I'll run a few through the P365 and see how the gun likes the load.

One thing I worry about in very small pistols and heavier than normal bullets is reliability over the long term. The gun itself should be fine but how the magazine springs cope with the heavier stack is something I'll have to vet over the coming year. I'll refrain from putting the pistol on my carry permit until then.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I do, and in a Glock (26, 19, 17) it is what I load. I'll run a few through the P365 and see how the gun likes the load.

One thing I worry about in very small pistols and heavier than normal bullets is reliability over the long term. The gun itself should be fine but how the magazine springs cope with the heavier stack is something I'll have to vet over the coming year. I'll refrain from putting the pistol on my carry permit until then.
    Since they’re within the range of standard bullet weights (115-147 grains), I doubt you’ll have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Timely bump. I recently changed to 124gr standard pressure HST for defensive use in all of my 9s including short barrels, it seems to be the most available option for me now that I can afford. Changes cost a *lot* in reliability testing, so I avoid them.
    Do you personally notice any difference in recoil between the standard pressure 124gr HST and 147gr HST from a P365XL?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Do you personally notice any difference in recoil between the standard pressure 124gr HST and 147gr HST from a P365XL?
    I’ve never tried 147s beyond a few sampling episodes.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    To me, the 147gr HST's seem to have a softer shot cycle.
    In my 3 365 / XL barrel's the 147's poi is little higher
    than 124's but there's very little poi difference between
    124's and 147's with the PMM barrel in my XL carry gun.
    Maybe just a fluke ?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    To me, the 147gr HST's seem to have a softer shot cycle.
    In my 3 365 / XL barrel's the 147's poi is little higher
    than 124's but there's very little poi difference between
    124's and 147's with the PMM barrel in my XL carry gun.
    Maybe just a fluke ?
    Bringing this back to life. This tracks with my experience.

3.1 barrel bigger poa/poi impact at 25 yards. 147 grain printing higher

Xl barrel 124 and 147 around the same at 25 yards

User Tag List