Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat WCP320 w/Armory Craft Upgrades

New Wilson Combat WCP320 w/Armory Craft Upgrades

I hadn't heard any Real Feedback about the New Wilson Combat WCP320 so I decided to jump in head-first. I ordered it and had it within 3 days. I am very familiar with Sigs (akaSigFreak) but was never tempted to get a P320. I had two polymer pistols in my collection (Old SP2022 and an HK VP9SK LazyWolf) and they are perfect performers. I recently went to purchase my P210A Target and the guy in the shop put an X5 Legion in my hand and I think he planned on me being excited- I wasn't. I was impressed at how heavy it was but the trigger felt like crap. Then, they released the Wilson Combat WCP320 and all I heard was "It's Too Much For What They Did!" and crap like that. But no one providing any input had handled or shot one.
    I opted for the Non-Action Tuned version because I planned on upgrading to the Armory Craft Sport Takedown Lever, Dual-Adjustable Trigger, and Tungsten Weight Set. I shot it once to see how it performed and it was great. I added the Armory Craft Parts and now it is Absolutely Amazing! I also switched out the front Red Fiber Optic for a Trijicon Green.

Name:  IMG_5914.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  99.6 KB
    Last edited by akaSigFreak; 05-15-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    Hi, welcome to PF ! Are you affilliated with Armory Craft ? I've never heard of them.

What does shoots amazing mean to you ? Does it feel amazing, or does it actually perform amazing ?

The founder of PF, the late Todd Louis Green, used to say that feelings lie, in terms of guns and shooting performance and I have found that to be true.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/5108

This is mostly a shooting and shooting performance forum so how was it amazing ? Any quantifiable increase in performance (time or score) on common drills like a Bill Drill, The test, The Fast Test, B-8 score at 25 yards ?
    Last edited by HCM; 05-15-2020 at 09:31 PM.

‘Thanks’ for the welcome. I am not affiliated with Armory Craft- just a very happy customer. They are one of the few companies in the US that imports German Sigs (X5/X6, LDC etc). They also make custom parts for Sigs and CZs.
    I’ll need to admit all of the drills and tests you referred to are completely unfamiliar to me. My “amazing” comment was based on my experience shooting my other firearms. I don’t have any statistics or data to back up my statement- it is solely my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by akaSigFreak View Post
    ‘Thanks’ for the welcome. I am not affiliated with Armory Craft- just a very happy customer. They are one of the few companies in the US that imports German Sigs (X5/X6, LDC etc). They also make custom parts for Sigs and CZs.
    I’ll need to admit all of the drills and tests you referred to are completely unfamiliar to me. My “amazing” comment was based on my experience shooting my other firearms. I don’t have any statistics or data to back up my statement- it is solely my opinion.

Sounds like a shill account.

You have posts that are very similar to this on various forums. You always manage to sneak in Armory Craft when you have a chance.

Armory Craft is in Central Florida and your profile states that you're in Central Florida, what a coincidence.

Wow! This is how you treat new members? I have posts in other forums about my Gray Guns parts- I must be affiliated with them too? I like Microtech Knives too- I must work for them?
    You want details? I have worked in Corrections for 21 years. I bust my ass dealing with crap every day so I can afford to support my firearm interest. I’m very proud of what I have and like to share with others. I collect Sigs but do have an HK VP9SK with a LazyWolf Adjustable Trigger (oh oh- I must work for Lazy Wolf Too).

Welcome.

Here’s what we like when it comes to examples of pistol performance.

Name:  4FB3E5B6-89B8-44D6-8D8F-28E5AEF1B0E1.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  35.2 KB

That’s a 25 yard group off hand with a brand new pistol using Wolf 115 grain.

Name:  8DFD48DE-037A-4D91-BEF3-49FB93980E9F.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  46.3 KB

That’s what I paid for it earlier this week.

I would like to see a 25 yard group with the new Wilson as well as a description of what parts were replaced. A pic of the FCU would be appreciated as well.

Regards.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Alright, let's not run the new guy off. If he's a shill account we'll deal with it, but I appreciate the "report button" being used instead of making the thread about if he's legit or not.

New guy - I think you'll find PF has a different culture then most gun forums. The ratio of serious users in the membership is high. Accomplished competition shooters, professional gun-toters with real shootings under their belt, nationally recognized experts on a host of firearms/legal/ballistics/etc. type topics, etc. Because of that the technical sub-forums, such as this one, often demand a higher level of proof. If you don't know what any of those drills are and can't provide measurable metrics of performance your opinion is unlikely to be highly regarded. That's not to say you can't have an opinion, or even express it here. Just understand we are not burdened with the notion all opinions are equal. If you're going to be offended by being asked how you know what you know, you probably won't like it here.

I'd invite you to stay and read a lot of the excellent material this forum offers. It can absolutely make you a better and more informed shooter.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Nice! I don’t usually shoot over 10 Yards do to my eyesight- I’m usually at 7 yds. I replaced the Takedown Lever, the Trigger and installed the Tungsten Weight Set in the Grip Module. I have done so modifications to the FCU. Name:  919C9CC8-564C-46AB-B26E-E9FB69717E40.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  E3A3013B-ECB2-410F-BCD9-20CBB25C7B00.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  32.6 KB
    Name:  A94AB247-7196-496A-94F0-2DBAEE6BA86F.jpg
Views: 1041

Site Supporter
    Wow! This is how you treat new members? I have posts in other forums about my Gray Guns parts- I must be affiliated with them too? I like Microtech Knives too- I must work for them?
    You want details? I have worked in Corrections for 21 years. I bust my ass dealing with crap every day so I can afford to support my firearm interest. I’m very proud of what I have and like to share with others. I collect Sigs but do have an HK VP9SK with a LazyWolf Adjustable Trigger (oh oh- I must work for Lazy Wolf Too).
    This place is a little different than most gun forums. It’s “mission statement” is “for students and teachers of the pistol.” So it’s a shooting, training and performance forum more than a “gun forum.” As such, it’s not really a collector forum.

For example, you’ll see a lot of nice revolvers here but you won’t see discussions of how best to wax them to keep the finish pristine because we actually..... carry them and shoot them. A lot.

People here are meh about the Wilson P320 because unlike some other Wilson guns it doesn’t really perform better than a regular P320 but no one really cares about whose serial number is on it.

We have several members who work or worked corrections and other LE. Those of us here in LE are the people who know that most Agency training and qualifications are a joke and we seek out better training and higher performance, even if it means doing it in our own time and at our own expense.

Along those lines, we have lots of members who are fortunate enough to be able to afford both nice guns and the ammo and training to use them effectively. However in general here, the answer to “should I buy another gun” is to put that money into training and ammunition.

Site Supporter
    Nice! I don’t usually shoot over 10 Yards do to my eyesight- I’m usually at 7 yds. I replaced the Takedown Lever, the Trigger and installed the Tungsten Weight Set in the Grip Module. I have done so modifications to the FCU. Name:  919C9CC8-564C-46AB-B26E-E9FB69717E40.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  E3A3013B-ECB2-410F-BCD9-20CBB25C7B00.jpg
Views: 1034
    Name:  A94AB247-7196-496A-94F0-2DBAEE6BA86F.jpg
Views: 1041
    If eyesight is an issue, take a look at the RDS (red dot sight) pistol section. They can be a great help for those of us who can’t see iron sights like we used to.

What is the max distance on your agency handgun qualification?

User Tag List