Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guns For Which You Had High Expectations and They Delivered

Site Supporter
    LTT 92G Elite.

Ruger Mk. IV

The 1911s that I built myself [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Most of my CZ handguns, with the CZ Shadow 2 Orange standing out among them. It's easily the best 9mm handgun I own. Cannot say enough good things about it.

Most of my HKs also delivered, with the VP9, USP (Particularly the 45 full size & 45T), & Mark 23 exceeding my expectations.

Back when EGW was building guns. The hype was in play, and they did not disappoint.

Site Supporter
    HK P30
    HK P30L
    HK P30sk

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Glock 45

Site Supporter
    Browning HP with work by Austin Behlert - the name says it all.
    BCM 16inch pencil barrel with a batlecomp - soft shooting, no muzzle rise
    640 no dash
    Glock 45
    Not a gun per se but a LTT TJIB for a stock M9. Amazing transformation!

I would have to say my HK45C. It was the first gun I'd bought in this century. I bought it in early 2012 after a lot of research and while my Python was at Colt for a timing adjustment (which evidently takes Colt 4 months). Above all, I wanted reliability and got that and more. The gun has never had a malfunction, will put everything in the black at 25 yards in slow fire, and shoots everything from wimpier reloads to hot Double Tap ammo.
    The gun and I have moved along with the times. I converted it to LEM and eventually had it milled for an RMR. I've paid a lot more money for certain guns but this one is special.
    Real guns have hammers.

HK P30
    HK MR308
    Glock 19

The P30 (V4 CH) should only have a bit shorter reset, then it would be perfect for me.
    The MR308 shoots sub MOA (with high-quality ammo if I don't mess it up).
    I have not used the G19 so much yet and can't shoot it quite as accurately as my P30. But it's also very fine, I like how it implements the KISS principle.
    Last edited by P30; 05-16-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    S&W Model 19 from a pure joy of ownership perspective. The aesthetics are perfect, so much so it's one of the few guns I can say I don't even care how it performs. It performs quite well, of course, but man is it a beautiful machine. Mine is factory nickle with the smooth grips. I'm at half-mast just thinking about it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.

Glock 17 Gen4.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    S&W 28-2 6”. After my one model 29 experience, and a lone round of .500 S&W, I was shy of big revolvers until I handled this one in a shop, and finally bought.

Hogue rosewood grip. Hot .38s are a pleasure, normal .38s are like shooting a .22, and .357 range from tolerable for the heavier loads to fun for the lighter ones. I’ve had several people try to trade or buy it. Maybe someday I’ll take somebody up on it if my joints get to where I can’t take the weight, but I doubt it.

642: I expected a gun that wouldn’t rust while spending its life getting sweated on, that would draw smoothly from a pocket and be light and small enough to remove excuses to carry a gun >95% of the time. Not the easiest gun in the world to shoot accurately or comfortably, especially with larger hands, but it fills the niche I bought it for and then some.

Beretta 92a1. Loved every Beretta I ever shot, and finally got my own. Great gun.

3913. I’d always wanted one. I’ve had two and a 3953 now. They are great shooting and very reliable. I’m down to one and a 4516-1 and am mostly running GLOCKs now because of parts and factory support, but 3rd gen S&W are neat guns.

Speaking of Glock: my 19x has been everything I ever wanted it to be. My original expectations of Glock weren’t very high, but by the time I got this one, I was pretty much expecting a lot of performance without any fuss, and it delivers. I know some people don’t appreciate the color and were pleased with the 45 when it came out, but I prefer the brown.

Ruger MKII Standard Auto. I had a lot of wishes and hopes for guns growing up, but was forbidden to have any by my mother. I bought this first gun as a newly married 22 year old college student after deciding that the only caliber I could afford to actually shoot was a .22, and that I didn’t have a place to keep a rifle. This was a great choice in a first gun. Fun shooting was the primary reason to get it, and it’s always delivered.

User Tag List