Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Railed Glock 43X

I am curious about the light in the "Slimline combo with tactical light". (Coming soon.)

Resurrecting this thread two months later because now I want a railed g48 and suddenly have the cares.

ETA:
    In the short term, is a G48 with a TLR6 about the only/best next best thing?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Glock generally releases a new pistol late August, wonder if it will be a railed 43X/48.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glock generally releases a new pistol late August, wonder if it will be a railed 43X/48.
    #MyBodyIsReady
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Resurrecting this thread two months later because now I want a railed g48 and suddenly have the cares.
    ETA:
    In the short term, is a G48 with a TLR6 about the only/best next best thing?
    I know some folks using G43Xs and G48s with TLR6s for duty guns. Less optimal, but gets them by until the railed versions arrive.

Output and throw are enough less compared to other lights that I'd not intentionally choose this option if a railed gun was imminent, unless I just had to have it.

I have seen some TLR6 housings cracked from normal use. Customer service for the fix was pretty painless.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Assuming the railed G48/43x are finally coming to the US, what would be the best light to mount? I have a TLR7A on my G19 and it’s the same width as the gun. A holster for a G48 with TLR7A would likely leave an unacceptable amount of empty space around the trigger guard due to the width difference between the gun and the light.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Assuming the railed G48/43x are finally coming to the US, what would be the best light to mount? I have a TLR7A on my G19 and it’s the same width as the gun. A holster for a G48 with TLR7A would likely leave an unacceptable amount of empty space around the trigger guard due to the width difference between the gun and the light.
    When they do show up, hopefully the proprietary Surefire shows up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I know some folks using G43Xs and G48s with TLR6s for duty guns. Less optimal, but gets them by until the railed versions arrive.

Output and throw are enough less compared to other lights that I'd not intentionally choose this option if a railed gun was imminent, unless I just had to have it.

I have seen some TLR6 housings cracked from normal use. Customer service for the fix was pretty painless.
    that's the rub right, is the railed model going to drop next week? And if so, how long do I have to wait to get one in my hands? Particularly in today's world of covid, riots, bidens, etc.

I may see if I can grab a current 48 and then have an excuse/reason to get the railed one later so I have two. If I could find one of the silver-slide 48s with Ameriglos I'd probably buy just because.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    that's the rub right, is the railed model going to drop next week? And if so, how long do I have to wait to get one in my hands? Particularly in today's world of covid, riots, bidens, etc.

I may see if I can grab a current 48 and then have an excuse/reason to get the railed one later so I have two. If I could find one of the silver-slide 48s with Ameriglos I'd probably buy just because.
    The last few years, Glock has been shipping new products the day they have been officially released, with product in the distributor pipeline ahead of the release date. No idea if they will have a new product later this week, and if they do how Covid would impact availability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Surefire XC1-B has far less candela than tlr-6. It has 300 lumens but listed only a 50 meter range TLR-6 has 90 meter listed range. Flood much better with SF.

Guessing the only slimline light SF will have is a version of XC1-B so....Tlr-6 not necessarily that bad at least at this point.

Both are likely adequate for SD and CQ. Carry a hand held to reach out....because one should have one anyway.

User Tag List